How Does Antonia74's Icing Taste?

Baking By vivedcreations Updated 25 Oct 2006 , 5:48pm by jeanair

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 20 Oct 2006 , 10:27pm
post #31 of 42

I added a little almond extract and loved it!

slejdick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
slejdick Posted 20 Oct 2006 , 10:53pm
post #32 of 42

MichelleH,
I would recommend reading through Antonia74's tutorial under the Articles tab (it's called How To Bake & Decorate Cookies). She gives great details for how she puts the icing on the cookies for the best results.

I don't like to have an outline that shows, so I use her "advanced" technique where you do the outline and then fill in right away, so the outline blends in with the flood icing to make a smooth surface.

It will take some time to do that many cookies, you might be surprised.

Depending on the shape of my cookie, I usually use a #3, 4, or 5 tip to do the flooding. If there are lots of little areas on the outline (like when I do feet or seashells), I use a smaller tip. Squares, circles, and other simpler shapes, I use a tip 5.

Good luck, and be sure to post a picture when you're finished!

Laura.

blondie500 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blondie500 Posted 20 Oct 2006 , 11:19pm
post #33 of 42

I did these for the first time this weekend. Antonia's tutorial was a wonderful guide to use. I used her icing and I did the cookies without the outline using the #4 tip. I added vanilla to the icing though, I'm not crazy about the strong meringue taste--it seems to taste lemony to me, so I just toned it down a bit. It's funny because when making the icing I wasn't sure if I liked the taste, but once I put it on the cookies, it was awesome!!

Edited out chocolate royal icing question--saw post below.

anoldhippy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anoldhippy Posted 22 Oct 2006 , 2:37am
post #34 of 42

HELP-I tried to do a search for this receipe and can't locate it. I need to make some wedding bell cookies for this Friday for my daughters rehersal dinner. I was going to use color flow but saw some posts saying not to use that. I will be putting the cookies in little plastic bags so need the icing to dry but not rock hard.Thank you for your time

slejdick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
slejdick Posted 22 Oct 2006 , 5:10pm
post #35 of 42

anoldhippy,

Antonia's icing recipe and method for decorating cookies can be found in her tutorial. Click on the Articles tab, then scroll down near the bottom to find it. It's called "How to bake & decorate cookies".

hth!
Laura.

anoldhippy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anoldhippy Posted 22 Oct 2006 , 6:39pm
post #36 of 42

thank you so much!

DeKoekjesfee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeKoekjesfee Posted 22 Oct 2006 , 7:31pm
post #37 of 42

I also am looking for it but i can not find it in the articles ???
Does someone has the URL.
Thank you very much.

DeKoekjesfee Posted 22 Oct 2006 , 7:48pm
post #38 of 42

i was too quick....
I read it now, can somebody help me with "cream of tartar"
what is that ???

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 22 Oct 2006 , 7:59pm
post #39 of 42

You find that in the spice section of any grocery stores. It is white powder. HTH

DeKoekjesfee Posted 22 Oct 2006 , 8:15pm
post #40 of 42

i know, but here in belgium you can not find al these things. I already had to order a lot in the US

vivedcreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vivedcreations Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 5:23pm
post #41 of 42

I just wanted to thank you all for your help. I made the cookies for the show and my "ghost" cookies were gone in an hour and a half...I ran home to make more, took them to the show and iced them right there...people were surrounding our table waiting for the cookies to dry. I couldn't believe it! It really was very easy to use and I did like the way it tasted. I have already gotten a cookie order that is due today (cats and fish) and they turned out great! Thanks again!

jeanair Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jeanair Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 5:48pm
post #42 of 42

CAN THIS ICING BE PUT INTO THOSE PLASTIC BOTTLES THAT YOU USE FOR CANDY MAKING?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%