Mmf Marshmellow Size-Amount

Decorating By citrusgirl Updated 14 Jul 2005 , 7:22pm by empress

citrusgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
citrusgirl Posted 13 Jul 2005 , 5:28pm
post #1 of 5

Hi,

I have tried MMF twice and I have managed to roll put it on the cake. I have never seen fondant in my life except in books much less tasted it. I am not sure if I am doing it right.

So, just to make sure I am asking if someone, anyone can please weigh the 10 large marshmellow or 100 mini and give me the measurement in grams cauz I think the marshmellow here is in between the two. I just want to make sure I am starting off with the correct amount.

Or do you think I just need to fill my size marshmellow to 1 cup and just use that amount ?

Thank you
citrusgirl

4 replies
peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 13 Jul 2005 , 5:50pm
post #2 of 5

Sorry, i don't have a scale, but I always use 1cup packed tightly. Good luck. It dhould be able to squish in your hands like play-doh.

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 13 Jul 2005 , 7:35pm
post #3 of 5

if you click on the recipes link and click on search, then type in marshmallow fondant it will give you the recipe. icon_lol.gif

wandy27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wandy27 Posted 14 Jul 2005 , 1:01am
post #4 of 5

I agree with peacockplace, you should pack your marshmallows to a cup. The sizes are aproximate so don't worry about counting them. I think you should double the recipe so you will be able to cover a cake at least 9" round cake.

Wandy

empress Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
empress Posted 14 Jul 2005 , 7:22pm
post #5 of 5

Hi,

Why don't you make the full size batch of MM fondant? You use the whole 1 pound bag of marshamllows heated with 1 Tablespoon water and stir/knead in 2 pounds of confectioner's sugar. I think the 1 cup batch is for when you just want to make a few decorations and not cover and decorate a whole cake. Just a thought...

Lera

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%