New York Cake Decorating Contest

Decorating By jl5949 Updated 16 Aug 2007 , 1:15pm by CelebrationCakery

jl5949 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jl5949 Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 4:17pm
post #1 of 8

Does anyone know of any cake decorating shows or contests in the New York area?

I would love to plan one if there are none. Anyone have any information on what is involved?

Thanks!

7 replies
CelebrationCakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CelebrationCakery Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 4:36pm
post #2 of 8

What a great idea...I actually was just telling my husband that they really do not have much where we are...I know there are a lot of decorators but we don't really even have many stores around here....are you down state or upstate???

I am about 20 miles north of Albany myself...

jl5949 Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 5:37pm
post #3 of 8

I am about 75 South of Albany in Poughkeepsie.

q2wheels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
q2wheels Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 7:24pm
post #4 of 8

I am in Columbia County, about 40 miles south of Albany. I sent in my entry form for our County fair cake contest (and am now wondering what I got myself into since I will be making my first ever castle cake!!!)

And I used to live in Poughkeepsie!!!

Toni Ann

CelebrationCakery Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 7:39pm
post #5 of 8

I know right where you both are....I have a SIL in Poughkeepsie, maybe we can get some more people to see this and we can do something together......Hmmmmm........

ZAKIA6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ZAKIA6 Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 7:41pm
post #6 of 8

im in nyc and would love to know of any contests/fairs to enter.

jl5949 Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 7:55pm
post #7 of 8

Ok... some interest!!!! Anyone know the first steps involved? I think that I will contact the cake decorators of Tidewater and ask if they have any suggestions or help. I know of a couple of places close to I-84 that could host a decent size show. I'll get back to all interested with some ideas.

CelebrationCakery Posted 16 Aug 2007 , 1:15pm
post #8 of 8

Yesterday I was doing a search here on CC and I saw that there are cake clubs around the country that you can post on CC too...maybe we can start by asking one of them...by the way...the only one in NY was in NYC!! That may also be another idea! A cake club too!???

I will see what I can find too...(If you don't mind I am going to add each of you to my buddy list so I can get a hold of you through the site quicker)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%