*sigh* First Day Of School....

Lounge By Shelle_75 Updated 22 Aug 2007 , 2:40pm by JRAE33

Shelle_75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelle_75 Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 11:13am
post #1 of 7

Well, it's already here. My first-born (and best little buddy) is in the first grade this year. In half an hour I'll be driving him to school. It's sad and exciting all at the same time. It's too doggone quiet around here without him. And I have no idea what the two year old will do all day without his hero. *SIGH* Is it Christmas vacation yet?

Shelle

6 replies
rosita6882 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosita6882 Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 3:10pm
post #2 of 7

Am i reading wrong or is you 2 year old going to first grade? My daughter is turing 5 and going to start kinder. I'm looking forward to it since i have four kids, the oldest being her and could use a little help so yippee. Plus she is so hyper that it might do her good to put all that energy into school.

Shelle_75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelle_75 Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 4:43pm
post #3 of 7

My two year old is at home with me while his hero, the six year old, is at school. Sorry if my language was confusing!
icon_lol.gif

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 19 Aug 2007 , 12:11am
post #4 of 7

Aw! My son, my only child, will be in fifth grade this year and I still get teary-eyed and want to follow the bus all the way to school! I used to drive him on the first day just so that I could take pics the whole way to his classroom (yes, I was 'that' mother!). I've finally let him ride the bus and I snap pics out front before he leaves. LOL! He doesn't start for another week and a half or so, but I'm still dreading it!! We are such sappy moms, aren't we? icon_smile.gif

MollyBea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MollyBea Posted 21 Aug 2007 , 4:55pm
post #5 of 7

Well, maybe it's because my house is considered to be "kid central" (all the neigborhood kids play & sometimes eat at my house) but I am ready for school to start. My kids -- ages 9,9,6, & 5 are driving me crazy. The twins(boys) are eating everything but the fridge door. The 6yr. old and her friends think I am one of the girls and should play dress up and beauty shop. And my 5 year old won't let me out of her sight; which I will take some of the blame for. I love kids and think that they are one of the most precious gifts that God has given, but if I have to see one more animated movie I am going to SCREAM!!!! Sorry had to vent and let it out. Now I'm just waiting until 6:00p.m. until my husband gets home and takes over. Thank God for him also.

MariaLovesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaLovesCakes Posted 21 Aug 2007 , 8:08pm
post #6 of 7

Where has the time gone!!!!???!!

My 2nd daughter is 3 going on 4 yrs old and started preschool also. I have an older child, 9 yr old, who started 4th grade.

I am staying at home for now, so that my 4 yr old can start slow at school, only half days. Then, God-willing, by beginning of next year, I will look for a job and have her full time.

JRAE33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JRAE33 Posted 22 Aug 2007 , 2:40pm
post #7 of 7

Ahhhh...Shelle, I feel your pain! My son starts full time kindergarten this year. I am so sad. We have a little bit of time before he starts (Sept 4) but I already feel so sad!! He was in Young 5's last year part time, Tues and Thurs full day, and he cried every day that I took him the whole year. It broke my heart!! When he was gone, the house just wasn't the same. And now this year my middle child starts Young 5. The good news is that she will be in the same room as her brother, and they have the same teacher he had last year. But the thought of having two of my three kids gone...the tears are already starting!! The good thing, I suppose, is that I've never had alone time with the baby so that will a nice time for us! It's hard to let go! I'm NOT one of those mothers who counts down the days until school starts because I want the peace and quiet! I miss the noise, the Disney movies, even the fueding. My kids are what makes our house a home...I miss them when they are gone!! Jodie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%