Chocolate Bc Help

Decorating By MandMCakeDesigns Updated 15 Aug 2007 , 7:44pm by Brickflor

MandMCakeDesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MandMCakeDesigns Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 1:49am
post #1 of 7

Hey-- I just offered (CRAZY GIRL!) to do a birthday cake for our music minister for this Thursday night. I have no idea why I do this to myself, but that's a whole different thread. icon_lol.gif Either way, I am limited on time, so I was thinking a round chocolate cake frosted in white BC with piano keys around it. Thinking about making them out of chocolate fondant (leaving it brown) and making a border from chocolate BC. Any other creative ideas would be appreciated...

But here's the question. I have made Wilton Chocolate BC and it tastes great. But it sets really fast and I found it difficult to pipe and work with. Any advice on a different recipe that would work better. Thanks!

6 replies
Brickflor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brickflor Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 2:59am
post #2 of 7

Here's mine. I also never liked how quickly the frosting set up and this gives me more time to get it all on the cake! Let me know how you like it icon_smile.gif

It's a big batch but it's easier for me this way:

Makes 6 cups
1 1/3 c. butter (2 sticks plus 6 tbs.)
2/3 c. crisco shortening
1 1/2 c. cocoa
2 tsp vanilla
8 c. pwd sugar
approximately 2/3 c. half and half
2 tbs. corn syrup

Blend butter and crisco together. Add cocoa and vanilla, then add sugar one cup at a time until blended-frosting will be VERY DRY. Slowly add half and half and corn syrup until you reach desired consistency.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=820823

arosstx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arosstx Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 3:15am
post #3 of 7

Ok, this is gonna sound awful but here goes....
One of my cake buddies turned me on to this and I love it!

Go to the store and buy a can (yes a can) of Pillsbury Chocolate Fudge Frosting. Please know I hate canned frosting and never use Pillsbury except for this.

Add it to your regular buttercream recipe until you're happy w/ the look/taste! It's so easy and tastes great (to me).

Good luck! icon_smile.gif

MandMCakeDesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MandMCakeDesigns Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 2:12pm
post #4 of 7

Thanks for helping me out. I will get to work on this today. : )

Shyanne_Mommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shyanne_Mommy Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 7:02pm
post #5 of 7

Audrey, thanks I am going to have to try that next time.

frstech Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frstech Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 7:20pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickflor

Here's mine. I also never liked how quickly the frosting set up and this gives me more time to get it all on the cake! Let me know how you like it icon_smile.gif

It's a big batch but it's easier for me this way:

Makes 6 cups
1 1/3 c. butter (2 sticks plus 6 tbs.)
2/3 c. crisco shortening
1 1/2 c. cocoa
2 tsp vanilla
8 c. pwd sugar
approximately 2/3 c. half and half
2 tbs. corn syrup

Blend butter and crisco together. Add cocoa and vanilla, then add sugar one cup at a time until blended-frosting will be VERY DRY. Slowly add half and half and corn syrup until you reach desired consistency.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=820823

How long does this recipe take to crust??

Brickflor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brickflor Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 7:44pm
post #7 of 7

Not long-about 10-15 mins. If you live in a drier state it may be less, check after about 7.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%