Flintstones Cake....... Need Opinions Please

Decorating By yummymummycakes Updated 15 Aug 2007 , 4:08am by yummymummycakes

yummymummycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummymummycakes Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 11:42pm
post #1 of 7

Ok, the order that I received to do for Saturday they have decided they want to go with the Flintstones........... the gentlemans name is Barney.....Rubble!!! (Almost didnt believe my ex when he told me this)And he is turning 50.

My ex has purchased some collectable figurines that he wants placed on the cake.

So I thought of this:

Dinosaur being lead around on a chain by Barney with Fred standing near him and Dino tagging behind.

Make the house out of gumpaste and put Wilma and Betty at the window and door with Pebbles and Bam Bam playing in the yard.

Little tuffs of grass here and there and using coloured sugar to look like gravel.

Ex has 'suggested doing fondant rocks for the border around the base of the cake.

What do you think???

Thanks
Cheryl

6 replies
phoohbear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
phoohbear Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 12:43am
post #2 of 7

Sounds too cute. Debbie Brown has a Flintstone cake that is just the house with betty and wilma in the windows and fred standing out front. It is in her cartoon charecters book. She always has the best instructions. Good luck.

M1resnick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
M1resnick Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 12:50am
post #3 of 7

I love your idea! Post a pic when it's done, please. I'd love to see it!

sisita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sisita Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 12:57am
post #4 of 7

I want to see your cake in photos when is done...

scgriffiths Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scgriffiths Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 1:04am
post #5 of 7

It sounds fantastic!!! Can't wait to see your photo!

kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 1:05am
post #6 of 7

I did a quicky Flinstone cake last month for my son and his friends. It's in my pictures. The car is done with tootsie rolls, rocks were fondant. I didn't have time to make it 3D, but they still enjoyed it!

yummymummycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummymummycakes Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 4:08am
post #7 of 7

icon_biggrin.gif Thank you to everyone that replied.

A couple of you have offered to email the instructions to me in relation to Debbie Browns book, which I have excepted. thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif (Have pm my email address already)

Thanks for the encorougment thumbs_up.gif and I will be sure to post pics (Have been a bit slack lately!!) icon_rolleyes.gif

Really needed the help with this, I have been up all night battling a migraine icon_cry.gif and had to bake cakes today with 2 little icon_biggrin.gif monsters who just seem to be very loud today of all days. icon_rolleyes.gificon_cry.gif Will fill and crumb coat tomorrow and ice and decorate on Friday for delivery Saturday morning.

Cheryl

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%