Help!!! Superman Grooms Cake

Decorating By karenm0712 Updated 14 Oct 2006 , 8:52pm by tammik

karenm0712 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karenm0712 Posted 13 Oct 2006 , 3:26pm
post #1 of 8

Okay, I thought that I saw the below cake on CC but now I can't find it anywhere! I am making my friends grooms cake and this is what she wants! I wanted to PM the person who made this cake and ask for very detailed instructions!!!!! Now I am freaking out that I can't find this pic!

icon_cry.gif Help, Help, HELP!!!!!!! icon_cry.gif
LL

7 replies
karenm0712 Posted 13 Oct 2006 , 3:38pm
post #2 of 8

Help! Anyone remember/know if this cake is on CC and by chance who made it?!?!?!

*Bump*

tnt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tnt Posted 13 Oct 2006 , 3:57pm
post #3 of 8

Here's a link to the post with the cake. However, it's just a link to Torino Bakery's site.
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-32560-superman.html

Good luck!

karenm0712 Posted 13 Oct 2006 , 5:02pm
post #4 of 8

Thank you, thank you, thank you! At least I know where it came from...now hopefully they will be willing to help me out with instructions (epecially with the "s" logo!).

Thanks again!

aobodessa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aobodessa Posted 13 Oct 2006 , 9:01pm
post #5 of 8

Here's a suggestion, I hope it helps:

Go to a store and buy a coloring book with Superman in it. Take the best, clearest, most direct picture of the logo to a copy shop and enlarge it until the logo is the size you want it.

Use this "blow-up" as your pattern. Depending on how you want to transfer the design to your cake, you should have success with this method. It's sometimes what I use when I'm desperate.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 13 Oct 2006 , 9:12pm
post #6 of 8

http://www.geekforum.com/forum/uploads/SUPERMAN.jpg

here is a photo of the emblem.....just adjust the size before you print it. then you should be able to do a fbct or the pin prick method to transfer it to the cake........Or it might be cool to cut around the outside of it and use that as a template to cut out a yellow piece of fondant.....lay that on a cake, then cut the actual S out and use that as a template on red fondant and then lay the S on top of the yellow! You could outline with black royal...or even take a small paint brush and brush black food color along the edges.

karenm0712 Posted 14 Oct 2006 , 11:56am
post #7 of 8

Both great ideas! I am thinking of going with the fondant method. I am a little nervous, but the rehearsal dinner isn't until 11/9 so at least I have time to practice! icon_smile.gif

Thanks again everyone! I will definitely post pictures.

tammik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tammik Posted 14 Oct 2006 , 8:52pm
post #8 of 8

I did a Superman cake like this with the logo exactly like it. I just make a copy of the logo and if I'm using buttercream I lay my paper on the cake and trace around the edge and then cut out the detail and trace around it until I've got the whole logo traced on the cake. You can dot the icing in there then. If you want to do the royal icing transfer then put your copy of the logo under a piece of wax paper on a solid board and trace it with the royal icing. It's not hard at all actually.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%