Need To Replace Cake Decorating Supplies

Decorating By dsward Updated 15 Aug 2007 , 11:53am by Bijoudelanuit

dsward Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsward Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 6:29pm
post #1 of 25

Does anyone have any used cake decorating supplies that they would like to sell? On Wednesday, August 1 our house burned and I lost all of mine. I have checked Ebay and other sites - just wondering - I would love to buy some if there is anyone who wants to sell some or if you might know where I could get some used ones. Thanks

24 replies
getfrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
getfrosted Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 6:33pm
post #2 of 25

I'm so sorry to hear about your home ... hopefully no one was hurt? I don't have any supplies to sell, but I'm sure someone here will be able to help!

Best of luck to you and your family!

Luxe42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Luxe42 Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 6:37pm
post #3 of 25

I'm so sorry to hear about your house. Unfortunately, I'm still a newbie cake decorator and I don't have an extensive collection. If I see any good deals I will point them in your direction though.

Good luck with everything. How awful to have lost your things. I'm glad you are alive though. That's the most important thing.

Erika513x2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Erika513x2 Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 6:41pm
post #4 of 25

I'm not sure which area you are in but you could check craigslist.org and then click on the city closest to you and someone on there might be selling something.
GL

DiannaSue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DiannaSue Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 6:43pm
post #5 of 25

So sorry to hear about the fire. Hopefully no one was hurt. What kind of supplies are you interested in. I have tons & tons of items, you can e-mail me at [email protected] and place cake items in the subject line.

PennySue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PennySue Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 6:44pm
post #6 of 25

I am so sorry for your loss! I don't have anything to offer you except my prayers and that you will continue to "give God all the glory" even when things seem to provoke the opposite response.

Just a thought...can you claim any of your equiptment on your insurance? I burnt up my stove and insurance paid for a new one. Again, just a thought.

Mchelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mchelle Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 6:52pm
post #7 of 25

I am so sorry that this has happened to you and your family. At least everyone is okay.

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 6:55pm
post #8 of 25

So sorry to hear of your home burning down. God bless you and your family!
I am still in the cake collecting mode so have no extra items at this time. However, I have noticed ebay ads at the top of some of the pages here at CC and the ads seem to all be "lot of decorating pans, supplies, etc." and the prices look very cheap for all the auction is offering. You might go to ebay and type in "cake decorating lot", "lot of decorating supplies" into the search engine and see what you pull. Be sure and click the "search title and description" box when doing your search.

Best of luck and God speed getting your supplies and other household items all back in order.

apclassicwed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
apclassicwed Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 1:58am
post #9 of 25

I have nothing to offer except my heartfelt prayers for you and your family during this time. Continue to give God the Glory -- He will see you through this time.
Can your equipment be replaced by insurance? Also check your local Salvation Army & garage sales--they can be a good source of baking items

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 2:13am
post #10 of 25

I can so feel what you are going thru. My parents had a house fire when I was 6 and again when I was 14. (Both were due to landlord neglect ... not my parents fault.) Both times no one was hurt and even tho' we pretty much lost everything, we only lost "stuff".

One day at a time .... God walks with you every day along the way.

charlieinMO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charlieinMO Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 2:21am
post #11 of 25

So sorry to hear about the fire!! How awful!! Hopefully everyone is ok. Prayers are with you. I don't have anything to offer either. Pretty much a bigger caker. Ijust wanted to mention the Freecycle website. You can post on there by the city. Hope that helps some.

God Bless

DelightsByE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DelightsByE Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 2:24am
post #12 of 25

I will not sell you any cake decorating supplies. I will, however, happily donate some items for you.

I am so saddened by your loss. There are so many things that cannot ever be replaced. We will help you replace those things we can.

FELLOW CCers

THIS IS A CALL TO ACTION

even if it's one or two small items, let's donate!!!!!!

dsward, please PM me your mailing address and I will send you some things I will gather over the next few days. Do you have anything specific you need? Please list here in the post.

Maybe we can all send you Michaels and AC Moore coupons too!!!

DelightsByE Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 2:26am
post #13 of 25

I will not sell you any cake decorating supplies. I will, however, happily donate some items for you.

I am so saddened by your loss. There are so many things that cannot ever be replaced. We will help you replace those things we can.

FELLOW CCers

THIS IS A CALL TO ACTION

even if it's one or two small items, let's donate!!!!!!

dsward, please PM me your mailing address and I will send you some things I will gather over the next few days. Do you have anything specific you need? Please list here in the post.

bcortez01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bcortez01 Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 2:26am
post #14 of 25

Sorry, to hear about that. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers. ((((((((Hugs to you))))))))

Where do you live? In what City, & State?

baergarivera Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baergarivera Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 2:27am
post #15 of 25

I have nothing to offer except my heartfelt prayers for you and your family. I hope that nobody was injured and that everyone got out safe.

you and your fam are in my prayers.

what state are you from? I am sure if you called like the local salvation army or local red cross sometimes they have local places that they have alot of items.

start looking for state sales that is the way i purchase ones 30 cake pans for $10.00 so good luck.

God Bless and keep your head up is not fear but at times things happend for a reason and things have a funny way of fixing them self.
michelle thumbs_up.gif

baergarivera Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baergarivera Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 2:28am
post #16 of 25

I have nothing to offer except my heartfelt prayers for you and your family. I hope that nobody was injured and that everyone got out safe.

you and your fam are in my prayers.

what state are you from? I am sure if you called like the local salvation army or local red cross sometimes they have local places that they have alot of items.

start looking for state sales that is the way i purchase ones 30 cake pans for $10.00 so good luck.

God Bless and keep your head up is not fear but at times things happend for a reason and things have a funny way of fixing them self.
michelle thumbs_up.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 2:43am
post #17 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelightsByE

Do they sell gift cards? If so, I will commit to one of those!

DelightsByE Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 2:47am
post #18 of 25

They do indeed!

Katie-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katie-Bug Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 3:36am
post #19 of 25

Please email me also, I have a few things I would like to send you.
I just can't begin to understand what you are going through.

It' s not much, but I would love to be able to help. [email protected]

blmiller84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blmiller84 Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 3:53am
post #20 of 25

So sorry to hear about the house fire! I hope everything else is well.

I have some duplicate tips and fondant cutouts that I will send you if you are interested icon_smile.gif just send me a message and I'll figure out exactly which ones i have duplicates of! If there is a JoAnn store near you, I can also send you coupons

DelightsByE Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 3:58am
post #21 of 25

Folks - lets move this over to my thread in the Lounge, so I can keep up with the offers all in one place.

THANKS

YOU ALL ARE THE BEST!

Link to thread:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-4732563-.html#4732563

briannastreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briannastreats Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 3:59am
post #22 of 25

I just posted in DelightsByE's new thread...

I'd love to help out... when you're able to, please send an address, and I'll happily send to you what I can...

My prayers are with you. I'm glad everyone is okay!

KlyKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KlyKat Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 4:01am
post #23 of 25

Add me to the donation list. I have way too much cake decorating stuff and will send whatever I have that's needed.

Someone please PM or email me with the shipping info and things needed.

K'ly

0TNIC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
0TNIC Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 4:56am
post #24 of 25

Sorry to hear about your house!
I too had a house burn down just over 3 years ago now. It started in the middle of the night with us inside. We escaped with a matter of seconds to spare. Having to start again can be a hard thing *hugs* to you. I wish i could help but not much help i am in New Zealand here.

My thoughts are with you tho!

Bijoudelanuit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bijoudelanuit Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 11:53am
post #25 of 25

I'm so very sorry about the fire and the loss of your home... You and your family are in my thoughts

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%