Need 300 Rose Lolipops, When Do I Start?

Decorating By Cake_Mooma Updated 15 Aug 2007 , 3:31pm by Cake_Mooma

Cake_Mooma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Mooma Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 6:21pm
post #1 of 11

Ok, I need to make this center peice for a customer, she needs 15 center pieces just like these, they have 10 roses each and one 15 in the center. Then she wants to set a rose to match the center pieces to put in each place setting. There will be 150 people attending the Sweet 15 party, and with the 10 roses on 15 center pieces that comes to 300 roses, and then the extra ones incase some break and then I think that she will be ordering a Huge piece for the girls table/ main table. So I figured that I wold have to make what 350 or 400. Well, the question is: WHEN DO I BEGIN TO MAKE THESE ROSES? The party is in DECEMBER. Help how soon can I start.

Thanks in advanced.

Vicky
LL

10 replies
sectheatre Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sectheatre Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 7:42pm
post #2 of 11

What are they made of?

evieg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
evieg Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 8:21pm
post #3 of 11

MADE THE ROSES ONE MONTH BEFORE

Cake_Mooma Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 3:03am
post #4 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sectheatre

What are they made of?

Sorry about that, I made them out of Candy Melts. They are all chocolate, some are dark and some are White.

Help with this one. I really need the ideas.

Thanks

Vicky

cakesbycombs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycombs Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 3:09am
post #5 of 11

i'd start anytime, candy melts can sit on the shelf in the bag that long so why couldn't they sit there in a different shape?

rezzygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rezzygirl Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 3:18am
post #6 of 11

Yup..you can start anytime. Just make sure you don't overheat the melts otherwise they will change color as they sit after a while. Also be sure to keep them at room temp.

_________
-Rezzy

heavenscent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heavenscent Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 5:34am
post #7 of 11

I agree you can ake them way ahead of time. Just make sure you properly store them, Not wet, hot area etc good luck

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 11:15am
post #8 of 11

Candy melts don't perish; so, if it were me; I'd wait for a sale to buy them. As soon as the summer heat is over; I'd start. I imagine you can only make about six on a mold at a time? Make as many as you can at a time; bag them, tie the ribbon and stick them into a piece of styrofoam so they aren't all touching each other. Find a place to store them away from heat, children, and dogsicon_lol.gif . When you run out of melts, you'll know how many more bags to get. Wait for another sale. Don't assemble them in tthe vases until a couple days before the event.

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 11:16am
post #9 of 11

Candy melts don't perish; so, if it were me; I'd wait for a sale to buy them. As soon as the summer heat is over; I'd start. I imagine you can only make about six on a mold at a time? Make as many as you can at a time; bag them, tie the ribbon and stick them into a piece of styrofoam so they aren't all touching each other. Find a place to store them away from heat, children, and dogsicon_lol.gif . When you run out of melts, you'll know how many more bags to get. Wait for another sale. Don't assemble them in tthe vases until a couple days before the event.

smw06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smw06 Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 12:46pm
post #10 of 11

You pretty much already have your answer from everyone but I'll second it. Once the real hot weather passes I'd start making the lollipops and wrap them. They'll hold until December, just be sure you package them so tha they won't break.

That's alot of roses!!! Have fun!!!

Cake_Mooma Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 3:31pm
post #11 of 11

Thanks, everyone.

Linda I was thinking the same to buy tons of it at AC Moore when they go on sale and go working on them like that.

The idea of the styrofoam is great!!!

Thanks ladies.

Vicky

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%