Horrible, Tragic News

Lounge By prterrell Updated 17 Aug 2007 , 12:36pm by dsward

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 12:20am
post #1 of 21

My husband's cousin, they were as close as brothers, shot himself this morning. My husband and his cousin worked together and when he didn't show up for work this morning, my husband called his cousin's wife. She thought he'd been in a wreck or had car trouble as he'd gotten up for work as normal and gone down to the basement garage to leave. She called her mother-in-law to come stay with their 7 week old baby. She went down to the garage to get the car ready and found her husband. Her mother-in-law walked in right after her, so both wife and mother saw him. We are a really close family and have a really close group of friends (my husband and I are god-parents to the baby) and are all completely devastated. Your thoughts and prayers are greatly appreciated.

20 replies
Parable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Parable Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 12:32am
post #2 of 21

I lost both of my older brothers to death by suicide. The most recent was just before this past Christmas. Please know you are in my prayers. I feel your pain. Here is a great website that can help everyone left behind.

http://www.survivorsofsuicide.com/

If you want to P.M. me please feel free to. It does help to talk to someone.....anyone.

God is with your family.

Dordee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dordee Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 12:36am
post #3 of 21

Just said a prayer for you and your family. It is so sad that he left behind a child that will never know his/her father. What a horrible situation! May God give you and your family the strength to get through this tragedy.

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 12:55am
post #4 of 21

This is just so horrible. I'm so sorry for your whole families loss. I'll make sure to pray for you all. Parable--sorry for your loss too, how devistating.

TC123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TC123 Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 1:13am
post #5 of 21

What a tragedy. It is heartbreaking. I am so very sorry for your loss. Please know that all of you are in my prayers.

mvigil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mvigil Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 1:58am
post #6 of 21

I will keep you and your family in my prayers ..

mkerton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkerton Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 2:46am
post #7 of 21

oh my gosh.........how awful..........I pray for you all.

sgilmer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sgilmer Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 3:03am
post #8 of 21

Something similar happened to my family last week. My third cousin left his house one morning, like it was normal .. said goodbye to everyone and stuff. They found his car on the side of the road, and he had killed himself. Not sure how he did it, but the family was still very upset. I wasn't close to him but it was still sad that he left his family behind.

1gananny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1gananny Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 4:14am
post #9 of 21

My heart and prayers go out to you and your family. I know this is hard on everyone.

Suzycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzycakes Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 5:02am
post #10 of 21

You and your family have my prayers and thoughts through this trying time.

emmascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emmascakes Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 7:02am
post #11 of 21

I recentl lost a good friend who killed herself. It is a horrible thing to cope with and I wish you all the very best to cope. Take your time and let yourself feel whatever emotions you have- and don't worry if you feel angry. With love, Emma

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 12:23pm
post #12 of 21

So sorry for your families loss. My family will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 12:56pm
post #13 of 21

I had three friends in college that all killed themselves, and three family members attempted with my great-grandfather succeeding. Just last Saturday my co-worker was killed in a murder-suicide. I'm so sorry that you are going through this. Life doesn't make sense sometimes.

Michelle

Gama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gama Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 1:29pm
post #14 of 21

So sorry for you and yours. you are in my prayers and thoughts.

LaSombra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaSombra Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 3:08pm
post #15 of 21

oh wow, I'm so sorry! That is just terrible. I don't understand suicide but I sure do feel for the families of people who do it. It's so tragic and sad. My thoughts are with you and yours.

Hoover Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hoover Posted 16 Aug 2007 , 1:26am
post #16 of 21

I am so sorry for your loss. I am praying for your family.

Cynda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cynda Posted 16 Aug 2007 , 3:21am
post #17 of 21

I am so sorry to hear that, I will pray for you and your family.

Cynda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cynda Posted 16 Aug 2007 , 3:23am
post #18 of 21

I am so sorry to hear that, I will pray for you and your family.

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 16 Aug 2007 , 4:19am
post #19 of 21

I am so sorry this has happened to your family. I will pray for you. I can't imagine giving birth and just 7 weeks later dealing with such tragedy. My heart breaks for you, my grandfather killed himself in 1996. It was a complete shock for everyone.

Sending a HUG, MessyBaker

fmcmulle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fmcmulle Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 11:10am
post #20 of 21

I am so sorry to hear of such a tragedy. It just broke my heart when I was reading this. It also brought back the memory of my son's best friend in school who also killed himself. It is so sad and I don't think anyone understands why it happens. Your family will be in my prayers.
Faye

dsward Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsward Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 12:36pm
post #21 of 21

Your family is in my thoughts and prayers. May God keep his arm close around you all and give you a peace that passes all understanding.
God Bless!
Deborah Ward

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%