Help With Fondant! Please!

Decorating By geegee75 Updated 13 Aug 2007 , 2:24pm by jammadave

geegee75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
geegee75 Posted 13 Aug 2007 , 1:52pm
post #1 of 2

Hi everyone,

I'm a cake decorating newbie and tried to make MM Fondant for the 1st time yesterday. I used Rhonda's MMF recipe, which I know should have turned out well given the high ratings it got from other CC users. Unfortunately, mine turned out terrible!! I greased my work surface really well and used plenty of cornstarch, but it kept sticking and cracking when I rolled it out. I reworked it several times, kept adding water and re-rolling it, but nothing worked. icon_mad.gif It also didnt yield enough to cover even a 6" cake. Very frustrating indeed. I stuck to the recipe very closely..has this happened to anyone else, and does anyone have any suggestions as to what could have gone wrong? Thanks!

1 reply
jammadave Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammadave Posted 13 Aug 2007 , 2:24pm
post #2 of 2

I had the exact same experiences and I've done MMF twice now. I'm very new at the cake world so I can't really help, but wanted to let you know that you're not the only one.

Since then, I use Satin Ice fondant now - the vanilla tastes almost exactly the same as MMF, plus it's consistent every time, and rolls easily with just a dusting of cornstarch on the board and rolling pin.

Cheers
Dave

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%