Speaking Of Business Names, I Can't Find One!

Business By berryblondeboys Updated 23 Oct 2006 , 3:00am by candy177

berryblondeboys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
berryblondeboys Posted 11 Oct 2006 , 5:50pm
post #1 of 29

I first thought of Sugar and Spice and Other Things Nice, but someone else here on the forum has that one, and who knows, it might be taken in my area for business anyway.

I want somehow to convey I sell speciality cakes, decorated cookies, pies, and whole grain tea breads and even some whole grain yeast breads... I don't know which things will take off, but i don't want to say "cakes" as it might lead people to think it's the only thing I do.

In my mommy sleep depreived state I've thought of these as well, (my husband HATES them!LOL) Yum-Yums for you Tum-Tum, Cakes, Cookies, and Pies, Oh My!, and lastly Cakes, Cookies, Pies and other home baked goods by Melissa.

Anyoen want to brainstorm with me!
Melissa

28 replies
ChRiStY_71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChRiStY_71 Posted 11 Oct 2006 , 5:54pm
post #2 of 29

How about...Melissa's Confections or Sweet Melissa's?

kisha311 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kisha311 Posted 11 Oct 2006 , 5:54pm
post #3 of 29

how about Melissa's Delicious Baked Goods, or Melissa's Delicious Goods, or Melissa's Goodies

Chefgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chefgirl Posted 11 Oct 2006 , 6:02pm
post #4 of 29

I'm not good at this, but maybe these will spark something for you or someone else on here:

Melissa's Cakes, Cookies and Treats
Melissa's Cakes, Desserts and Goodies
Cakes, Desserts and More by Melissa
Everything Baked by Melissa
Decorated and Baked by Melissa
Melissa Bakes It All

mdelmauro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mdelmauro Posted 11 Oct 2006 , 6:56pm
post #5 of 29

How about:

Melissa's Sweets
Melissa's Baked Sweets
Baked For You By Melissa
Melissa's Sweet Treats

That's all I can think of, but all that have been suggested by others all sound good.

justme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justme Posted 11 Oct 2006 , 7:29pm
post #6 of 29

this is the only thing i thought of:

Melissa's Cakes and More

wigglesj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wigglesj Posted 11 Oct 2006 , 7:39pm
post #7 of 29

Hmmm...

Melissa's Morsels
Mouthwatering Treats by Melissa
Mothwatering Morsels

Can you tell I'm stuck? Not that you should reveal it on a public forum, but maybe you could work with your last name as well?

DianaMarieMTV Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianaMarieMTV Posted 11 Oct 2006 , 7:46pm
post #8 of 29

Some ides that don't use your name in them...

Visions of Sugarplums
Everything Sweet
Desserts Unlimited
Desserts Galore
Decorated Desserts

K-Rod Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
K-Rod Posted 11 Oct 2006 , 7:51pm
post #9 of 29

To convey the "not only sweets" side of the business...

Goody Goods
Goodness Gracious!
Cakes ~~ For Goodness Sakes!

Pretty Corny, Huh???

peajay66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peajay66 Posted 11 Oct 2006 , 7:51pm
post #10 of 29

Just Desserts
Simply Sweets
Sweet Sensations (this is the name of a 'naughty toy' shop here - but I like it as a bakery name instead)

ChristaPaloma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChristaPaloma Posted 11 Oct 2006 , 7:58pm
post #11 of 29

How about

Mel's Bakery

mnmmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mnmmommy Posted 11 Oct 2006 , 7:59pm
post #12 of 29

how about

Melissa's Bake Shop(pe)

Do you have any nicknames? a cool last name?

berryblondeboys Posted 12 Oct 2006 , 3:13am
post #13 of 29

Thank you all so much! I like Sweet Melissa's as I was always called "so sweet" in High school and college. Plus, Sweet Melissa is a song that Dh played for me, so it is sentimental too. However, I see there is a site Sweet Melissa's Sweets (looks like a homebaker's site too! LOL)

Then, I like Mel's Bakery - but I did a search and found that all hits for that are for a bakery in NY that got busted for growing marijuana! LOL Oops! My best friend calls me Mel, so again, it fits.

Maybe Mel's Home Bake Shoppe?

Or how about So Sweet! Melissa's Home bake shoppe?

Others are good too, just not "hitting" me...

By the way, my name rhymes with eclair, but I don't plan on making eclairs! LOL Hmmm... it's a gasoline station name too (mostly "extinct" these days! LOL)

Melissa

mnmmommy Posted 12 Oct 2006 , 3:20am
post #14 of 29

You know I did a google too and found the sweet melissa and it also came up when I searched for songs.

I like Melissa's Bake Shoppe, with or w/out home.

were you ever called missy?

boonenati Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
boonenati Posted 12 Oct 2006 , 3:42am
post #15 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys

I first thought of Sugar and Spice and Other Things Nice, but someone else here on the forum has that one, and who knows, it might be taken in my area for business anyway.

I want somehow to convey I sell speciality cakes, decorated cookies, pies, and whole grain tea breads and even some whole grain yeast breads... I don't know which things will take off, but i don't want to say "cakes" as it might lead people to think it's the only thing I do.

In my mommy sleep depreived state I've thought of these as well, (my husband HATES them!LOL) Yum-Yums for you Tum-Tum, , and lastly Cakes, Cookies, Pies and other home baked goods by Melissa.

Anyoen want to brainstorm with me!
Melissa

I love Cakes, Cookies, and Pies, Oh My! cause it's original

Nati
LL

mnmmommy Posted 12 Oct 2006 , 3:49am
post #16 of 29

I really like that too...Cakes, cookies and pies...

boonenati, how did you "draw" that? Was that clipart that you put together?

berryblondeboys Posted 12 Oct 2006 , 4:00am
post #17 of 29

I actually think the Cakes, Cookies and Pies, Oh My! is original too and it really describes what it is... My husband says it's dorky!

Then I thought, well what if someone wants me to do their wedding cake, does that name sound professional? I'm not looking to go that route, but I've done one wedding already, it could happen again...

Melissa

mxpark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mxpark Posted 12 Oct 2006 , 4:18am
post #18 of 29

i love that name cakes, cookies, and pies oh my! too cute! it is kind of dorky but catchy.

czyadgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
czyadgrl Posted 12 Oct 2006 , 4:51am
post #19 of 29

something easy to remember is always good!

Cakes, cookies and pies oh my will stick in people's heads.

That's a good thing. Dorky or not! LOL

But I think it's cool.

boonenati Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
boonenati Posted 12 Oct 2006 , 5:04am
post #20 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnmmommy

I really like that too...Cakes, cookies and pies...

boonenati, how did you "draw" that? Was that clipart that you put together?

I got the clipart from Microsoft word, removed the background and edited it in Photoshop, where i added another background and the text.
I reckon the name is cool, original and catchy.
Wether you're going to do wedding cakes or not, it doesnt really matter if it's a name that's going to stick on ppls minds.
Nati

PS: Here is another
LL

berryblondeboys Posted 12 Oct 2006 , 12:27pm
post #21 of 29

Hmmm... I looked it up online and no business with that name I can see, but a few bakeries use it for a product or other slogan... Look how I thought it was completely novel and people have it in the same order I thought of! LOL

I saw this one too and it's kinda cute (not a store name): the Cook, the baker, the Sweet things Maker.... I would change it somehow... but then it's a bit redundant...

I have to "sort of" decide today. I'm doing a vendor fair for our local Momsclub (of which I'm a member) and I have to turn in the registration form with my businesses name... "the heat is on!"

Melissa

mnmmommy Posted 12 Oct 2006 , 3:27pm
post #22 of 29

Can't you still use Sweet Melissa. Maybe Sweet Melissa Bakery..Bake Shoppe? I know there are several "flour girl" names out there but each one is a little different. I know here in Florida we have a website where you can check to see what names are registered and are inc. I really like the Sweet Melissa Bakery.

I agree that you don't want anything too cutsie because of doing Wedding Cakes. I had thought of that too. I wanted something that I could get longevity out of and it was a "professional" name.

Good luck.

www.serendipitycakes.com

berryblondeboys Posted 12 Oct 2006 , 5:12pm
post #23 of 29

When I hear Sweet Melissa or Sweet Melissa's Baked Goods, I think of a Mom (me) baking for fun and selling a little - which is what I plan to do to supplement DHs income.

When I hear Cakes, Cookies & Pies, Oh My!, I envision a storefront or actual shop.

Is that silly?

I'm going to Poll some friends to see what they think!

Melissa

Pinas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pinas Posted 12 Oct 2006 , 5:16pm
post #24 of 29

Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a funny name for your business

It came up when I read your topic how about??: SPEAKING OF CAKES.

Just a tought that came right up??

berryblondeboys Posted 12 Oct 2006 , 5:20pm
post #25 of 29

It's a cute name, but I think there's one in the links file with that name?

If I were just doing cakes, that would be fantabulous, but I plan to do more than cakes... but then, don't most bakers, even the ones with "cakes" as the only thing in the name?

Melissa

MommiesMunchies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommiesMunchies Posted 12 Oct 2006 , 5:26pm
post #26 of 29

How about
Sweets & Treats by Melissa

Pinas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pinas Posted 12 Oct 2006 , 5:30pm
post #27 of 29

Sweats and treats I think that is very awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ishi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ishi Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 2:42am
post #28 of 29

So, I'm on here scavenging for names for my own business and when I came across Cakes~~ for Goodness Sakes! I laughed out loud! My husband loves it and it totally fits me. Can I use it?!!!

*alicia*

candy177 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
candy177 Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 3:00am
post #29 of 29

I love the Cakes, Cookies & Pies Oh My! It's cute!

The name you pick may end up kind of "pigeonholing" you into a specific type of cake, if that makes sense. If you go with a funky name, you may be expected to do more funky cakes and get less calls for the traditional. You may find yourself doing weddings as time goes by too. Likewise, if you pick a realllly classy name, you may not get calls for the more funky either.

I still like the Cakes, Cookies & Pies Oh My! It really sticks in your mind. It's memorable! icon_smile.gif

How do you register a business name anyway? Do you have to be licensed first? I have a business name (Wish Upon a Cake) and I REALLY need to register it - but I'm concerned about the licensing and stuff. Is it just registered by state?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%