My First Cupcake Cake

Decorating By stephanie214 Updated 25 Oct 2006 , 7:01pm by Marissaisabel

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 11 Oct 2006 , 2:50pm
post #1 of 37

I did my first CCC yesterday and boy, I couldn't believe how easy and fun they were to make icon_surprised.gif ...sure beats those sheet cakes I'm always doing icon_lol.gif

Now, if I can get my customers to order them instead of those sheet cakes, I would be so happy icon_biggrin.gif . To me, they are faster and easier (don't have to worry about leveling and straight corners) to do icon_wink.gif

Also, this is my second edible image and I love them also...move over FBCTs...just kidding, I love doing FBCTsthumbs_up.gif
LL

36 replies
kdhoffert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kdhoffert Posted 11 Oct 2006 , 2:51pm
post #2 of 37

cute cake

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 11 Oct 2006 , 2:54pm
post #3 of 37

AH!! I love it!!! Wish I had an edible image machine!!! icon_cry.gif

justsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justsweet Posted 11 Oct 2006 , 2:57pm
post #4 of 37

Looks great

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 11 Oct 2006 , 3:05pm
post #5 of 37

how to you make your cupcakes so that they aren't domed on the top??

denise2434 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denise2434 Posted 11 Oct 2006 , 3:11pm
post #6 of 37

Great job Steph!!! I've only made one CCC and I had a lot of fun making it too! Can't wait to do another one!!

Hugs, ~Denise

AuntEm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AuntEm Posted 11 Oct 2006 , 3:15pm
post #7 of 37
Quote:
Quote:

LOL I can never get my cupcakes TO domed on top! LOL I think it has to do with how much batter you put in the cups.

annamata Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
annamata Posted 11 Oct 2006 , 3:15pm
post #8 of 37

Nice job with the cupcakes!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 11 Oct 2006 , 3:22pm
post #9 of 37

Hi Steph,

Aren't they easy.....I'd rather do those than a sheet cake anyday.I am also getting lots of orders for them so they are catching on here!!

stephanie214 Posted 11 Oct 2006 , 3:45pm
post #10 of 37

Thanks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by briansbaker

AH!! I love it!!! Wish I had an edible image machine!!! icon_cry.gif

My two sons brought it for me...they got tired of hearing me complain about how something always came along to take the money that I was saving to purchase one icon_cry.gif ...you should have seen me do my happy dance when they told me to order it icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif . So far, I love it icon_wink.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHalstead

After I filled the cups about 2/3 full, I took a case knife and gently stirred the mix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denise2434

Great job Steph!!! I've only made one CCC and I had a lot of fun making it too! Can't wait to do another one!!
Hugs, ~Denise

I can't wait either icon_wink.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddiekakes

Hi Steph,
Aren't they easy.....I'd rather do those than a sheet cake anyday.I am also getting lots of orders for them so they are catching on here!!

Boy, you can say that again...easy, easy, easy icon_lol.gif Hopefully, I'll get more orders icon_biggrin.gif I would even rather do a round than sheet icon_lol.gif .

gibson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gibson Posted 11 Oct 2006 , 9:52pm
post #11 of 37

I love your CCC! I'm soooo scared to try one, it sounds hard to do....how do the cupcakes stay in one spot?

mmdd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdd Posted 11 Oct 2006 , 10:17pm
post #12 of 37

Cute!! I love CCC's. They're so easy!

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 11 Oct 2006 , 11:55pm
post #13 of 37

gibson
Hey! to keep the cupcakes in place, just add a dab of icing on the bottoms of the cupcakes.. It's like the glue..

KHalstead
Hey You! If your cupcakes are coming out with a dome.. Just lay a piece of wax paper on top of them and lay something heavy on them.. like a cutting board.. Leave it on the cupcakes until they are cooled.. They will all be the same size! I do the same for my full sheets.. If it has a big dome in the center.. As soon as I take it out of oven, I will get a towel (lint free) and lay it on the cake and just press down gently for a min or two.. and the dome will be gone...

debbie2881 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debbie2881 Posted 12 Oct 2006 , 1:11am
post #14 of 37

stephanie214 do how many edible pics you can print before your ink runs out?

stephanie214 Posted 12 Oct 2006 , 1:39am
post #15 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by debbie2881

stephanie214 do how many edible pics you can print before your ink runs out?

I was told by Laura from Kopykakes that you can get about 50 prints. If you have a picture with a lot of colors, that is going to cut down on the amount thumbs_up.gif

debbie2881 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debbie2881 Posted 12 Oct 2006 , 1:55am
post #16 of 37

wow thats alot, i just saw a printer for $179 that comes with a black & tri-color cartridge but i'm sure those are just samples and dont make that many prints. i'm sure the more expensive ones are better but this is not a bad price for a beginner.

stephanie214 Posted 12 Oct 2006 , 3:25am
post #17 of 37

I paid $63.00 for the printer from ebay brand new and $113.00 for the inks and 24 icing sheets from Kopykake.

mom_of_4girls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom_of_4girls Posted 12 Oct 2006 , 5:40am
post #18 of 37

Very cute.

cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcake Posted 13 Oct 2006 , 6:04am
post #19 of 37

You did a great job on the cupcake cake. Very cute.

ladyvader01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyvader01 Posted 13 Oct 2006 , 9:36am
post #20 of 37

That is cute!! I really need to try one of those... lol

darkchocolate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darkchocolate Posted 20 Oct 2006 , 11:00pm
post #21 of 37

I have been too scared to try because when lined some cupcakes up I was concerned about the gaps and getting the frosting not to "fall into" the gaps. How does it work frosting the CCC with gaps in between each cupcake?

darkchocolate

nokddng Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nokddng Posted 20 Oct 2006 , 11:18pm
post #22 of 37

Cute! I was going to try to make one for this girl at work who is turning 21 this Friday but now decided not too and I'm just making regular cupcakes with pink frosting (her fave color). I'm afraid I'll have problems with frosting them (I still have issues frosting cakes) and I don't want to be stuck the day before making new cupcakes.

stlalohagal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stlalohagal Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 5:12pm
post #23 of 37

I just made 2 dz cup cakes to try a cup cake cake,.. well not to just try for no reason,.. I've go to make something for my son's halloween night for cub scouts and brownies just didn't thrill me! (Not when you can decorate something!) icon_smile.gif

I love the suggestion on the flattening on the domed cup cakes because that is exactly what I was going to post a question about. All my cupcakes came out domed... big time. I always put to much into the cup cake cups. Anyway I'm hoping they flatten nicely and I also was curios how they stayed in place so 'a little dab will do you' on the bottom with icing... Love that tip too! I can't wait to ice them as soon as they're cool.

Thanks so much!!! i'll post a pic when it's done!

- Paula

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 5:17pm
post #24 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by briansbaker

gibson
Hey! to keep the cupcakes in place, just add a dab of icing on the bottoms of the cupcakes.. It's like the glue..

KHalstead
Hey You! If your cupcakes are coming out with a dome.. Just lay a piece of wax paper on top of them and lay something heavy on them.. like a cutting board.. Leave it on the cupcakes until they are cooled.. They will all be the same size! I do the same for my full sheets.. If it has a big dome in the center.. As soon as I take it out of oven, I will get a towel (lint free) and lay it on the cake and just press down gently for a min or two.. and the dome will be gone...

that's funny I already do that with my cakes.....in fact I think I picked that tip up from you a while back on here LOL Don't know why I didn't think to apply that to the cupcakes. I haven't done a CCC yet but just thought everyone's looked so flat and wondered how they achieved that. Thanks

fmcmulle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fmcmulle Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 5:22pm
post #25 of 37

For all of you that think the cupcake cakes are to scary to try, I felt the same way until I got an order for one so I had to do it and I was stressing for no reason. It was easy and fun. So don't wait, give it a try! I put wax paper on my cupcakes with my cutting board on top and they came out nice.I love doing them.

Charb31 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charb31 Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 5:27pm
post #26 of 37

question about pricing these CCC's, how much do you charge? Let's just assume there is no edible image, maybe just a FBCT, or something simple. Where do you start pricing those at?

annamata Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
annamata Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 5:30pm
post #27 of 37

My daughter would love this cake.....Great Job!!!!!!!

flavacakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flavacakes Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 6:26pm
post #28 of 37

I can't figure out how you ice these things?!? icon_confused.gif Wouldn't the icing sink in between the cupcakes?

stlalohagal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stlalohagal Posted 24 Oct 2006 , 3:22am
post #29 of 37

I tried this one today!! I needed a rush job for my son's cub scout pack. Apparently they told DH but that didn't get transfered to me after the last meeting. icon_smile.gif Anyway I needed something quick, my son wanted brownies but they'd go quick and they were so plain!. They also need something they didn't have to cut, and I didn't want just plain old cupcakes... someone else could bring them! (You can check out the photo under my photos link below.)

OMG this is so easy and so quick. I just baked 2dz cupcakes (my younger ones stole a couple... ), I had to pick up the tip from briansbaker (thanks!) on flatening them and also someone who posted for keeping them on the tray/board, sorry I don't remember who posted it, but it was a dab of icing on the bottom to keep them in place. Once' they're on the board, just put on the icing! I had to trim mine a bit as I got a little sloppy, but then I just added my basic shell border and star tipped a pumpkin after an outline transfer and voila! You're done!. Everyone wanted to know where DH got the cupcakes from. They were amazed that his wife made them! (BIG GRIN!)

The only comment was from DH and he thought that some had to much icing, and I'm sure those were where they joined, it didn't drop down between them, it was just thicker on those edges as they were almost all touching. And from the fact that I had domed cakes from probably putting to much in each cup. Note, he also doesn't like icing. A little is to much for him, but he eats all my creations none the less.

Thanks for all the tips/tricks etc... I can't wait to make this one again!

- Paula

jovigirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jovigirl Posted 24 Oct 2006 , 3:38am
post #30 of 37

Another tip I picked up from here a while back is to use an ice cream scoop when pouring the batter into the liners for cupcakes, that way they are the same size when baking icon_biggrin.gif

BTW beautiful cake!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%