Need Ideas For Build A Bear Cake

Decorating By app_37190 Updated 15 Aug 2007 , 12:07am by dydemus

app_37190 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
app_37190 Posted 12 Aug 2007 , 2:55pm
post #1 of 7

I need help designing a build a bear cake. My little girl told me she wants build a bear. But I am not really sure of a design yet. I am thinking about maybe an image in the middle with maybe fondant bears sitting around the edges. Maybe some with stuffing sticking out. I want this to be a really great cake as she has been very sick this past year so I want something special. Any ideas would be really appreciated. I have some time before her birthday but just want to be prepared. icon_biggrin.gif

6 replies
app_37190 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
app_37190 Posted 12 Aug 2007 , 3:19pm
post #2 of 7

bump

yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 12 Aug 2007 , 9:41pm
post #3 of 7

How about a 3-d or large gumpaste bear sitting on top of the cake with a heart attached to the chest, wth some stuffing on and around it; with different articles of girls clothes and shoes (if you have time to find and/or order cutters) in fondant accents around the cake in the colors of the party? Add a birthday certificate plaque with your daughters name on it. This could be a two tiered cake or a sheet.

i_heart_pastry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
i_heart_pastry Posted 13 Aug 2007 , 4:30am
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by yummy

How about a 3-d or large gumpaste bear sitting on top of the cake with a heart attached to the chest, wth some stuffing on and around it; with different articles of girls clothes and shoes (if you have time to find and/or order cutters) in fondant accents around the cake in the colors of the party? Add a birthday certificate plaque with your daughters name on it. This could be a two tiered cake or a sheet.

This is what came to mind for me as well. You could use the 3d bear pan and when you decorate it, make a "zipper" in the back with some "stuffing" coming out (you could use icing or even cotton candy for the stuffing). You could have several different outfits, sunglasses, etc. laying around the bear as if she's been trying them on. Very cute!

Bec

sgilmer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sgilmer Posted 13 Aug 2007 , 11:21am
post #5 of 7

I like the idea of cotton candy stuffing!

darkchocolate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darkchocolate Posted 13 Aug 2007 , 11:35am
post #6 of 7

I like the idea of cotton candy as well, but I would wait until the very last to use it. I am concerned it would melt possibly.

darkchocolate

dydemus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dydemus Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 12:07am
post #7 of 7

What about a stand up cake shaped like the stuffing machine - it's pretty simple, and you could have a little fondant bear sitting in front - and maybe the words "It's what's inside that makes us special" icon_smile.gif tee hee

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%