Eat,sleep,walk,talk..does It Ever End???

Decorating By mommak Updated 12 Aug 2007 , 3:48am by mommak

mommak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommak Posted 12 Aug 2007 , 3:03am
post #1 of 9

I eat cakes, I sleep cakes, I walk cakes, I talk cakes...WHEN DOES IT END???? lol ohhh my or does it?

I've only been cake decorating for about 1 1/2 yrs....soo is it the newbie still in me??? Geeeeesh I"m finding every conversation has to do with cakes, I dream cakes (when I sleep, If not sleeping laying there THINKING about cakes) Friends get to laughing because I sometimes umm think that something they said pertained to cakes. I'M SO ADDICTED TO THIS SITE!! Not a bad thing is it???

8 replies
LauraS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LauraS Posted 12 Aug 2007 , 3:12am
post #2 of 9

you know , sometimes i feel the same way. Cakes here, cake there, cakes everywhere. icon_biggrin.gif

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 12 Aug 2007 , 3:20am
post #3 of 9

I too have been decorating cakes for about 1 1/2 years. I really have to control myself at my day job so I won't bore my co-workers talking about cakes all the time. I do have a few who are really interested and don't mind. I'm glad it's not just me. icon_smile.gif

lilie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilie Posted 12 Aug 2007 , 3:21am
post #4 of 9

The sickness only gets worse!!
I've been doing cakes sense I was 14, and that was 32 years ago. You develop bags under your eyes without your daily 'fix'. I draw cakes when I'm not decorating one.

mommak Posted 12 Aug 2007 , 3:25am
post #5 of 9

32 yrs ago lilie??? I AM IN SOO MUCH TROUBLE!

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 12 Aug 2007 , 3:28am
post #6 of 9

Are you kidding me? "Does it ever end?" Of course not! icon_surprised.gif

I have been decorating cakes since 91. OMG no way does it end... icon_biggrin.gif

There are always new styles, new techniques, new tools, new ideas, new family members/friends/co-workers/etc.... icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif And don't forget the Holidays!!!!! icon_cry.gif

Oh, ye who are just beginning... Your life has changed and will find comfort and compassion here in this site... thumbs_up.gif

MavericksMommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MavericksMommy Posted 12 Aug 2007 , 3:33am
post #7 of 9

I've been doing cakes for a little over a year too, and I'm even starting to see everyday things and think, "How could I make that shape/color/concept into a cake? Or how can I use that to decorate a cake?" If I have a cake in the near future to do, I toss and turn all night figuring or going over how I'm going to do that cake... icon_confused.gif
mommak, we're in the same group so I guess we're both ok or we're all crazy! icon_lol.gif

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 12 Aug 2007 , 3:38am
post #8 of 9

i know i do this with all my hobbies "oh that'd make a great cake idea, or oh that'd make a great cake decoration etc etc " lol

should see my aquarium hobby lol...... thats a WHOLE nother chapter lol er addiction.

and when i shop on ebay for plant seeds--- lol i get very excited when i see some good deals icon_biggrin.gif

mommak Posted 12 Aug 2007 , 3:48am
post #9 of 9

I"ve even noticed some things during service at church that would be a cute cake.. icon_redface.gif ok thats not a good time to be thinking about cakes..SOMETIMES I JUST CAN'T HELP IT! lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%