I'm Going To Be A Wmi!!!

Decorating By 29apr00 Updated 14 Aug 2007 , 12:37am by 29apr00

29apr00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
29apr00 Posted 12 Aug 2007 , 1:39am
post #1 of 13

I start teaching at Hobby Lobby next month!! I'm so excited but nervous at the same time. I thougth 2 substitue classes in June when my instructor had a family emergency, so i know how it goes. But teaching course 1 is a lot different from teaching Fondant and Gumpaste!!! And i've only been doing this since January!!

I know that the more i teach, and work on cakes at home, the better i will be. Practice makes perfect and all that. But at the same time, I'm still very unsure of myself and my ability. I can not get my icing smooth no matter how hard i try. I haven't covered a cake in fondant since course 3. Gee, last time i piped some clowns was back in January! I've got lots of prep work to do!

Jennifer

12 replies
lilie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilie Posted 12 Aug 2007 , 3:35am
post #2 of 13

First of all--CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
Second of all---YOU'LL DO JUST FINE.
You are being hard on yourself. You will probably find out that you will love teaching!
Good Luck! I'm behind you all the way!!!

KonfectionKonnection Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KonfectionKonnection Posted 12 Aug 2007 , 3:42am
post #3 of 13

Congrats! You'll love it! I've only been teaching since April, but the more you teach, the easier it gets--and the students make it all worthwhile! Just know that each time thru the material, you will get better and more comfortable. Enjoy! thumbs_up.gif

nelja5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nelja5 Posted 12 Aug 2007 , 3:58am
post #4 of 13

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!

debs9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debs9 Posted 12 Aug 2007 , 11:30am
post #5 of 13

I just had a look at your cakes and I would happily take a course from you.
Congratulations.

ZAKIA6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ZAKIA6 Posted 12 Aug 2007 , 11:59am
post #6 of 13

Congratulations & Good Luck!!!

ive taken all four wilton courses and i was contacted by wilton in regards to being an instructor, but i dont think im ready. Maybe the beginning of next year after i have time to build up my skills

omaida Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
omaida Posted 12 Aug 2007 , 12:15pm
post #7 of 13

Congratulations!! You will do just fine.

Tabbee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tabbee Posted 12 Aug 2007 , 12:15pm
post #8 of 13

Great! Congratulations!

I feel a little silly asking, but what does WMI stand for...I'm coming up with "Weapon of Mass Instruction"

kayla1505 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kayla1505 Posted 12 Aug 2007 , 12:20pm
post #9 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabbee

Great! Congratulations!

I feel a little silly asking, but what does WMI stand for...I'm coming up with "Weapon of Mass Instruction"

lol wilton method instructor

congrats btw

armywife1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
armywife1 Posted 12 Aug 2007 , 12:37pm
post #10 of 13

congrats!!! I'm sure you will do a fine job! thumbs_up.gif

infields Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
infields Posted 12 Aug 2007 , 6:05pm
post #11 of 13

Congratulations. I'm a WMI at Hobby Lobby and JoAnns and I'm not far from you. I'm in Northwest, IN. PM me if you have any questions. I was really nervous when I started, too, but you get over it fast because it's so much fun. Good Luck,
Renae

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 13 Aug 2007 , 2:53am
post #12 of 13

Congrats!! You will be fine. I had that fear when I started. Don't worry about it. Once you get into the swing of things you will feel better.

Have you heard about the WMI Yahoo Group? Send an email to [email protected] and Selina will get you set up. It's a great board of WMIs that can offer suggestions, help and ideas. It's also a great place to vent.

29apr00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
29apr00 Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 12:37am
post #13 of 13

Thanks, i know i'll get better as i go along, i just hope i'm good enought for the first few courses! icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%