Someone Please Critique This.what It Is Missing?

Decorating By Lejla Updated 11 Aug 2007 , 11:38pm by Lejla

Lejla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lejla Posted 11 Aug 2007 , 7:06pm
post #1 of 24

Ok, guys.I have big,big dilema here.Im not sure if this cake is missing anything or not.Please tell me what do you think? And also as usual I have no idea as to what to charge for it.HELP ME PLEASE!!!! icon_sad.gif .
LL

23 replies
ncbert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ncbert Posted 11 Aug 2007 , 7:12pm
post #2 of 24

I think it looks great they way it is!
Too much more and I think would be over done!
Wonderful work!

Like the COOKIES!

I am no help on pricing..sorry.

cassi_g16 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cassi_g16 Posted 11 Aug 2007 , 7:16pm
post #3 of 24

Maybe beef up the arms a little? That would be my only change if even that. It looks great.

sue_dye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sue_dye Posted 11 Aug 2007 , 7:22pm
post #4 of 24

Think your cake looks great! if I would do any thing it would be to add a darker border on top.

kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 11 Aug 2007 , 7:24pm
post #5 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassi_g16

Maybe beef up the arms a little? That would be my only change if even that. It looks great.

That is my only suggestion as well. They seem to nearly be level with the table. A layer or two of buttercream "fur" will bring them right up!

Great work! And I love the idea!

As to pricing, too many things come into play for me to begin to tell you what I think you should charge.

thumbs_up.gif

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 11 Aug 2007 , 7:27pm
post #6 of 24

I think it's precious. If I HAD to make a suggestion, I would agree that the top borders should have a darker color. But it looks great as is.

Nickii Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nickii Posted 11 Aug 2007 , 7:29pm
post #7 of 24

Your cake looks great. I would add a little more fur to the arms. I have no idea on pricing..I struggle with that myself.

donnajf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
donnajf Posted 11 Aug 2007 , 7:33pm
post #8 of 24

LEAVE IT ALONE! it looks CUTE!
Well done- wana a cookie? thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 11 Aug 2007 , 7:37pm
post #9 of 24

How many does it serve and what size pans and what fillings?
Also I think the darker borders woulds look cute and beef up the arms too maybe.
But it really is awesome and I'd take it right now no problem! icon_biggrin.gif

rsdd108 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rsdd108 Posted 11 Aug 2007 , 7:38pm
post #10 of 24

Awesome cake! I agree that the arms could be a little thicker, but it is absolutely precious.

Letmebeurdesignr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Letmebeurdesignr Posted 11 Aug 2007 , 7:41pm
post #11 of 24

i think u did a wonderful job!! i agree w/the others that the arms need to be bigger..besides that this is soooooo cute!!

texasbecky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
texasbecky Posted 11 Aug 2007 , 7:43pm
post #12 of 24

I love it. How did you do it?

harmonhouseofraymond Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
harmonhouseofraymond Posted 11 Aug 2007 , 7:47pm
post #13 of 24

this is a great cake. If you wanted to you could outline the M&Ms in corresponding colors

clsilvus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
clsilvus Posted 11 Aug 2007 , 7:47pm
post #14 of 24

Great Cake!!! I agree with the arms needing to be bigger. I would also put some cookie crumbs and scribbles on the top but not too much since space is limited. Also I don't know if this is do-able but I would make the bottom border maybe green or yellow to make it pop

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 11 Aug 2007 , 7:49pm
post #15 of 24

Maybe the birthday kids age in the middle? Right between Elmo and Cookie...

spottydog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spottydog Posted 11 Aug 2007 , 7:57pm
post #16 of 24

i agree thinking the top border should be a color and the arms could be "beefier" LOL. I absolutely love this cake, very cute!!!!!!

mommachris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommachris Posted 11 Aug 2007 , 8:10pm
post #17 of 24

looks like it weighs a ton...very cute!
Careful moving that baby!

as for pricing, think about how many it feeds (or how many boxes of mix used---each one feeds twelve if using party sizes)and multipy that by at least $3 per person.
For example: two boxes x 12 servings= 24 servings at $3 per person would be $72.
Lots of extra work and you should be paid for your skill. icon_biggrin.gif

mommachris

frosting111 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frosting111 Posted 11 Aug 2007 , 8:12pm
post #18 of 24

That cake is totally awesome...If you hadn't ask for us to look at the cake to see if it needed anything I wouldnt have never noticed, but I do agree I'd make the arms a tad bigger, they kinda look like they are kinda "in" the cake as they are, and use more color in the top border, maybe yellow???

But other than that you did a outstanding job!!! icon_biggrin.gif

YOUGOGIRL thumbs_up.gif

CKelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CKelly Posted 11 Aug 2007 , 8:30pm
post #19 of 24

It's a great cake as is..but since you asked I agree with the others..Pump up the arms and do the top border like you did the bottom border alternating the colors..Great job though...

zubia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zubia Posted 11 Aug 2007 , 9:01pm
post #20 of 24

I love it ,its just so cute.As far as what to charge ,how many does it serve ,I usually charge $2 per serving .

Ginnycakes3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ginnycakes3 Posted 11 Aug 2007 , 9:52pm
post #21 of 24

This is totally adorable thumbs_up.gif .
From looking at the picture of the arm's closest to me, they look a little flat from one angle, but looking at the arms farthest from the camera they look like they are more built up. It might be an illusion because of the camera angle. I think your arms might be built up more then everyone thinks cause of the pic's angle.?

I definately agree about putting/adding another color along/ or on top of border, also the cookie crumb idea on the table would help it from looking to plain. But even if you dont change a thing this is still an awesome cake! Great job. icon_smile.gif

smw06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smw06 Posted 11 Aug 2007 , 10:24pm
post #22 of 24

Your cake is absolutely adorable, the only suggestion I have and it's the same as most of the others is to build the arms up a little with some more "fur". Sorry I can't help with the pricing.....

Great job!!

formerbuckeye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
formerbuckeye Posted 11 Aug 2007 , 10:28pm
post #23 of 24

I have to agree about the arms. They need to stick up a little more above the table. They don't match the body. Other than that, I think it's great!

Lejla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lejla Posted 11 Aug 2007 , 11:38pm
post #24 of 24

Wow,thank you guys.I didn't think I would get this many replies.See this is why I love this place.
Well,I did build the arms a little bit more.I just had it delivered.And on the way to there it seemed that Cookie monster had attacked the Elmo.Elmo's head in the back had cracked ,not too much though.I charged only $40 since it wasn't "in the perfect condition".But boy was I happy to get it out of my care.Thank you all for your help and sugestions.You guys are great.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%