Red Or Pink Cake Boxes ~ Anybody Seen Them?

Decorating By ValMommytoDanny Updated 6 Oct 2007 , 2:14am by DelightsByE

ValMommytoDanny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ValMommytoDanny Posted 11 Aug 2007 , 3:30am
post #1 of 63

Hi,
I was trying to find red or pink bakery boxes that are reasonable. Has anyone seen them on a favorite website? If so, could you share that site?

Also, what sizes do you guys get most frequently? I was thinking about a 10' or 12' box. What are your thoughts?

Thanks so much for your help! icon_smile.gif

birthday.gif

62 replies
miriel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miriel Posted 11 Aug 2007 , 3:35am
post #2 of 63

Brpboxshop has some boxes in pink: http://www.brpboxshop.com/cake_boxes.html

lisasweeta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lisasweeta Posted 11 Aug 2007 , 1:17pm
post #3 of 63
ValMommytoDanny Posted 11 Aug 2007 , 5:52pm
post #4 of 63

thanks!!

Carson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carson Posted 11 Aug 2007 , 6:12pm
post #5 of 63

Hubert also has some, not sure if they are reasonable though, I haven't shopped around much!

pinklady1356 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinklady1356 Posted 11 Aug 2007 , 6:36pm
post #6 of 63

Thats awesome.. Just now checked out the websites. I will have to start ordering me some pink boxes!!!! I love pink!

icon_smile.gif

CakeL8T Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeL8T Posted 12 Aug 2007 , 2:43am
post #7 of 63

You can get pink ones at www.instawares.com
Carrie

DelightsByE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DelightsByE Posted 12 Aug 2007 , 2:50am
post #8 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeL8T

You can get pink ones at www.instawares.com
Carrie

Be careful about instawares...... I have had 2 consecutive bad experiences with them and I am looking at other suppliers now.

brpboxshop.com is by the far the best I've experienced so far, with not only pricing, but shipping and customer service also. They respond to e-mail lightning fast and you're buying right from the manufacturer rather than a clearing house like instawares is.

BRPBoxShopDesigner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BRPBoxShopDesigner Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 9:45pm
post #9 of 63

We have a 10" cake box but not a 12"...yet.

Does anyone know how difficult it is to capture the true pinkness of an object via digital photography and Photoshop? OK, let me rephrase - Do you know how hard that is if you are a boxmaker and not a professional photographer who works for the Pepto Bismal company?

Anyway...DelightsByE, your signature is intense. If we ever do something to prompt that kind of response from a customer, I hope someone clocks me with a pan.

More and more folks are ordering pink boxes. I'm now glad that our company didn't go with my suggestion and produce Olive Drab baking boxes as our first go at the colored stuff.

Good luck finding suppliers! That's interesting that Wal-Mart would have the best prices on some of the things a bakery would need.

-Kip

ValMommytoDanny Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 12:22am
post #10 of 63

Kip,
Any chances of doing a black box? I do love the idea of using a nice glossy black box and changing the ribbon for the event.

Do you guys do special runs for a special order color? Is there a 1000 box min or something? Not that I could use that many ~ but I could find others that may want them...

Especially with the holidays approaching, that would be great.

Many Thanks for your reply. icon_smile.gif

BRPBoxShopDesigner Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 12:53am
post #11 of 63

I just have to say...SPOOKY!

Weird! I just had a conversation about black boxes with the president of Big River Packaging (that's our company, we are by the Big River), and 1000 boxes is the minimum run for boxes with color.

One thousand boxes is a lot for some people, but doing the coop thing is a cool idea.

So...YES! There is a chance. We would fire up the printing press and go glossy and dark!

Let me know what boxes you are interested in covering with blackness.

We love making things happen where we can.

Thanks!

-Kip

DelightsByE Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 1:04am
post #12 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRPBoxShopDesigner

Anyway...DelightsByE, your signature is intense. If we ever do something to prompt that kind of response from a customer, I hope someone clocks me with a pan.

No worries, Kip! You all are real pros at BRP, and have grasped the Customer Service aspect of your business extremely well. So unless any of you develop amnesia, dementia, or undergo a full frontal lobotomy, I don't think BRP is in ANY danger of earning a tagline like this on your behalf.

And I'm not the only one with it either.....LOTS of us feel this way!!

But you all ROCK - I LOVE your cupcake holders!!!!!!!!! thumbs_up.gif

DelightsByE Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 1:06am
post #13 of 63

Oh - and I will stick with basic white until you come up with a purple box... icon_biggrin.gif

charlieinMO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charlieinMO Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 2:35am
post #14 of 63

Gonna have to check out your site!! Sounds great!

DelightsByE, I would agree! I have looked and looked for purple boxes!! Pretty hard to find! We'll have to keep each other update!! thumbs_up.gif

BRPBoxShopDesigner Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 2:47am
post #15 of 63

I like purple!

http://minneapolis.metblogs.com/archives/images/2006/11/princesymbol.gif

For 1000 boxes, we could do any color in the Pantone book (http://www.pantone.com/pages/pantone/index.aspx)!

Or, you could send us an object and our ink company can match it (no more live reptiles, please).

Thanks for the customer service kudos. This is a fun place to work and I get to work with cool people. We get a lot of positive feedback from people, little comments they leave when they order or nice things said on the phone. We hear that stuff and we feel like we just won the Superbowl or World Cup or something. It charges us up and really has an impact.

So...thank you again to all of you who have helped us, not only come up with better ways to serve the 'sweet community', but for thanking us on top of it when we do.

No...YOU GUYS rock!

-Kip

DelightsByE Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 2:57am
post #16 of 63

"Dontcha just love Prince....." - Julia Roberts
"More than life itself." - Richard Gere

Kip you crack me up.

What would you charge for a 1000 box order for 10x3 square 1-piece cake boxes in purple (I have to consult a Pantone for the number....)

You've just earned a customer for life, by the way thumbs_up.gif

lchristi27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lchristi27 Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 3:09am
post #17 of 63

Hi Kip,

Are you in Minneapolis? Can we pick up from you instead of shipping?

BRPBoxShopDesigner Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 3:09am
post #18 of 63

I'll find out tomorrow what the cost would be.

What time zone are you in?! It's 10 here. I'll work late at the office like this and it astounds me that the phone will ring at 9:45 PM on a Sunday night. I never pick up. I don't want to hear someone on the other line with his mouth way to close to the handset,

"Are you the box maker? Do you know what I like to put in your boxes? Box makers!" *Cue Psycho Score*

I'll get back to you on the price. It's nice of Pantone to make a book that makes color universal. Our pressman told me that the books are officially good for one year. Years ago he was with another company and was getting complaints from a customer that he wasn't hitting the color. Come to find out, they had a tattered Pantone book that was found with the Dead Sea Scrolls or something.

ANYWAY...I look forward to seeing what purple you have in mind.

-Kip

DelightsByE Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 3:13am
post #19 of 63

OMG you are too funny.

I'm in EDT, and I wouldn't dream of calling this late to order boxes no matter WHAT I intended to put in them hahahahaha

BUT I don't have any trouble being up this late chatting casually with the box maker anyway!

I'm glad you said that about live lizards....if you hadn't, who knows WHAT I would have sent for color-matching icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

BRPBoxShopDesigner Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 3:19am
post #20 of 63

We're all about customer service, but I had to say that about the reptiles because some prankster sent us a chameleon for color matching. It took me 4 days and $8.95 worth of live crickets for me to realize what was going on.

See...that would have been a great opportunity for you to say, "I won't show up and put parts of you on display behind one of your 'wavy windows'." But you didn't. Well, at least you are a time zone away.

-Kip

giggysmack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
giggysmack Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 3:19am
post #21 of 63

I've been interested in some coloured boxes but live in Canada does anyone have any advice?

DelightsByE Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 3:25am
post #22 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRPBoxShopDesigner

See...that would have been a great opportunity for you to say, "I won't show up and put parts of you on display behind one of your 'wavy windows'." But you didn't. Well, at least you are a time zone away.

-Kip

I'm sure it would have been - but I can't say that........

wooooohhhhuuuuhhhhahahahahahahah!!!!!

BRPBoxShopDesigner Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 3:32am
post #23 of 63

We actually ship lots of boxes to Canada. Jill has to check how much the extra freight will be and all of the other fun taxes and stuff and get back to you after she finds out what the order is. But I asked a few weeks ago and she said that she has never had a customer say no to the little bit more it costs to get boxes and pads that extra distance.

We currently have pink boxes. And white and natural kraft (brown) boxes. People are really starting to dig those because they look like they are made for people who enjoy confections and drive vehicles that rely on biodiesel. The colored boxes would have to be a min order of 1000. Again, I'll have to check on the cost. And bigger boxes would of course be more than smaller ones as far as coverage/cost.

But yeah, we send our stuff...we've sent boxes to Australia and all over teh world. We had a big fat order to England two weeks ago and the shipping was HUGE, but they love the boxes. ...the boxes are kind of like that school kid buddy, Flat Stanley, except no one eats cake out of Stanley's insides and we never get photos.

BRPBoxShopDesigner Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 3:40am
post #24 of 63

Our factory is right on the banks of the Mississippi (that was fun to type) here in Iowa. If you look at a map of Iowa...and you see the pumps on the right that the river makes, there is a big bump, and right under it there is a smaller bump. We're in the smaller bump.

The widest point in the Mississippi river is here. I fish in the river at night before I go to bed nearly every night. The other night I was cold and made a little fire right there and felt like a hobo. If I would have had a harmonica, I'm sure someone who had to work the next day would have called the cops on me.

So, lchristi27, we're CLOSE! Adjacent even. If you wanted to swing by, we'd love to see you. But I'm guessing you won't take me up on it.

-Kip

Candee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Candee Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 3:44am
post #25 of 63

Hey, it might be feasible for me to pick up the boxes. Where are you in IA? I'm in MN...did you say there is a minimum? I'd maybe be able to round up a few friends.......... what's your site? Thanks! So glad I popped on here tonight.

Candee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Candee Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 3:45am
post #26 of 63

PS--I've had MAJOR headaches with instawares. NEVER will deal with them again. They sent me the wrong thing and expected me to pay the shipping back on their mistake. Nope-nothing from them EVER again.

ValMommytoDanny Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 3:45am
post #27 of 63

Well Kip,
You might as well give me a price on some black cartons - 10 inch square 1 pc - 4 or 5 inches tall. If you post it here or PM me I will put out my feelers on my other sites. I think I can split them out relatively easily.

I don't have a stock color chart but black would do me. Can't get any more basic than that can you? Well, then again there are a zillion tones I am sure.
Glossy or flat, pinstriped or plain, which ever one is easier - (translated - cheaper one wins...)

Well.... if the price is right. icon_smile.gif

Thanks so much and looking forward to the price.

BRPBoxShopDesigner Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 3:48am
post #28 of 63

Big River Packaging (that's what the brp stands for)
823 South 3rd Street
Clinton, Iowa

I'll talk to the big guys in a few hours and hit them up for all kinds of pricing.

Thanks,

-Kip

ValMommytoDanny Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 3:57am
post #29 of 63

ok, I checked out the link - took a little figuring out...

Pirate Black 19-4305 TPX if it is helpful - I found a black one...

If anyone else is interested in the gad-zillion colors out there - go to http://www.pantone.com/pages/pantone/colorfinder.aspx

If it doesn't take you to the "color Finder" that's what you need - select North America - then Paper - then in the box where you type in the color code - enter a "1".

Hit enter and the gad-zillion shows up... a wonderful display if I do say so myself.

Thanks again Kip. icon_smile.gif

lchristi27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lchristi27 Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 3:59am
post #30 of 63

Thanks Kip, I was down that way last year..shoot, wish I would of known!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%