Anyone Know How To Do A Full Sized Carved Strawberry Shortc

Decorating By confectionaryperfection Updated 11 Oct 2006 , 7:24am by cupcake

confectionaryperfection Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
confectionaryperfection Posted 9 Oct 2006 , 8:58pm
post #1 of 6

i am thinking of doing a carved full body of strawberry shortcake. can anyone help?

5 replies
Jenn1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn1978 Posted 9 Oct 2006 , 9:07pm
post #2 of 6

do you mean like a 3-D or just like a sheet cake carved into the shape?

rosita6882 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosita6882 Posted 9 Oct 2006 , 9:17pm
post #3 of 6

This is how i would do it but i'm sure someone else might have an easier way. I find a picture that i like. I use a copy machine and enlarge it. if if needs to be larger i take the enlarged copy and enlarge that one again. I do this untill i get the size i want. even if i have to tape them together. then just put it ontop of the cake and carve around it. hth

splash2splat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
splash2splat Posted 10 Oct 2006 , 3:39pm
post #4 of 6

I did a strawberry shortcake cake - it wasn't 3-d but the little girl loved it. I have it in my pictures.

confectionaryperfection Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
confectionaryperfection Posted 10 Oct 2006 , 8:20pm
post #5 of 6

i wouldl ike to carve it our and makei t 3-d the entire body. even if someone can show me ones of just a person, (like the dog ones i se0 i can turn it into strawberry.

cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcake Posted 11 Oct 2006 , 7:24am
post #6 of 6

When I make my patterns for the large cut-outs, I print the picture on the poster size, it might take 6 sheets of paper. I then put the poster together, tape it, cut it and laminate it. That way I can keep the pattern. I then take my pattern and put it on the frozen cake and cut. After I ice it, I draw the rest with a toothpick and decorate. Or you can do the piping gel transfer.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%