Eyes For Fondant Or Gumpaste Figures.

Decorating By Liis Updated 12 Oct 2006 , 2:51pm by mthiberge

Liis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Liis Posted 9 Oct 2006 , 2:52pm
post #1 of 10

i made a drawing and tried to explane how to make eyes for your figures,
Hope it helps you a little.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=allby&uname=Liis&cat=0&pos=0

9 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 10 Oct 2006 , 5:42pm
post #2 of 10

that little girl is adorable!!!! so how do you do it????

Fancymcnancy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Fancymcnancy Posted 10 Oct 2006 , 7:28pm
post #3 of 10

Adorable! I would love to know how you made her. Can you explain the whole face as well as the eyes??

Liis Posted 11 Oct 2006 , 7:59am
post #4 of 10

sorry i haven't got round to this thread for a while.

to make this baby you just follow the fairy instructions up to the head, leave out the wings of course and don't use mold for the face.
just add a tiny ball for the nose. Do the eyes, draw the mouth with a toothpick and make the hair.
next week when i have little more time i could make a pictorial ( icon_lol.gif i love this word) if you want.

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 11 Oct 2006 , 9:54am
post #5 of 10

Unbelievable!!! Your figures are beautiful!!! Is there a good book on how to make these or do you just practice like you are playing with playdoh? Anyways loved looking at your stuff!

mthiberge Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mthiberge Posted 11 Oct 2006 , 2:18pm
post #6 of 10

I use that wilton food writers for my eyes, very plain and not as nice as Liis's eyes, but I have such a hard time modeling figures I'm always scared to mess them up, so sofar I prefer to keep mine simple. (Maybe I'll be struck by lightning and suddenly have the ability to create beautifull eyes...one can only hope!) There's some gnome figures and a turkey in my photos, they have the plain eyes...

Fancymcnancy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Fancymcnancy Posted 12 Oct 2006 , 2:28pm
post #7 of 10

mthiberge - I love your gnomes!! I have tried using the Wilton food writers but I can never get the eyes black enough - there is always some of the underlying color showing through. What's your secret?

mthiberge Posted 12 Oct 2006 , 2:37pm
post #8 of 10

Weird...I don't have a secret. Maybe a shot of rum to steady the hand so the eyes aren't crooked, carefull too much rum and suddenly you have crooked eyes again...LOL Maybe your figures aren't dry enough when you do the eyes?? I just do one straigh dab and pull away. Then pen leaves a little indent and a nice black eye...

Liis Posted 12 Oct 2006 , 2:47pm
post #9 of 10

mthiberge, your gnomes are super-cute!

as for the writers i don't like to use them for eyes as the tip is not as tiny as the brush tip. but the food writers i got from cc they are really handy to use. love them too.

mthiberge Posted 12 Oct 2006 , 2:51pm
post #10 of 10

I totally agree, I just can't do eyes. Look at my poor care bear for example, he looks possesed!! I wish I had paint brush talent, but alass I do not... I'm still hoping to be struck by lightning...LOL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%