Choc Rolled Cookie Recipe...anything Better Out There?

Baking By SueB Updated 21 Aug 2007 , 1:36am by chococherry

SueB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SueB Posted 10 Aug 2007 , 4:46pm
post #1 of 11

I tried the chocolate rolled cookie recipe from kitchengifts.com and did not care for the taste. They actually tasted ok warm...right out of the oven but then when they cooled and were iced I didn't like them...had kind of an after taste. icon_sad.gif

So, does anyone have some great rolled cookie recipes they would be willing to share. I love the NFSC recipe but I would like to have some variety like chocolate or even a chocolate chip or peanut butter cookie. Thanks for your input!

10 replies
snowshoe1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowshoe1 Posted 10 Aug 2007 , 5:11pm
post #2 of 11

I used this recipe a few weeks ago and replaced the white chocolate with dark chocolate. It was good and held shape well.

http://www.karenscookies.net/shop/recipes/info_11.html#recipe04

Photomommie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Photomommie Posted 10 Aug 2007 , 5:24pm
post #3 of 11

Hello, I have yet to use this but I got it from here on CC. It seems to get rave reviews from all. I can't wait to use it......Also Karen herself (this is her recipe) is now here on CC

White Chocolate Sugar Cookies

http://www.karenscookies.net/shop/recipes/info_11.html#recipe04

Good luck and let me know how you like them!

SueB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SueB Posted 10 Aug 2007 , 6:13pm
post #4 of 11

Thanks snowshoe1 and Photomommie...I will give that recipe a try. I'll let you know how they turn out.

delisa01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
delisa01 Posted 10 Aug 2007 , 6:20pm
post #5 of 11

Just wanted to add that Karen's choc chip rolled cookies website link from pp) are good too. Made them last week and they were a hit with my family and they also shipped nicely. Good luck.

Bouncin4Bonjovi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bouncin4Bonjovi Posted 11 Aug 2007 , 8:40pm
post #6 of 11

Can you also use chocolate-chocolate?

chococherry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chococherry Posted 16 Aug 2007 , 12:20am
post #7 of 11

I really love the Chocolate Sugar Cookie recipe here on CC. http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-4863-Chocolate-Sugar-Cookies.html

The cookies are soft and chewy! I've iced them on seperate occasions with MMF, and with BC. I adore them, and get rave reviews for them!

chococherry Posted 16 Aug 2007 , 12:25am
post #8 of 11

I almost forgot!!!!

These cookies do expand while cooking, but they maintain simple shapes well - I've mainly used them on squares and butterflies, and the expansion is maybe.... somewhere between 1/8 - 1/4 of an inch.

SCS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SCS Posted 18 Aug 2007 , 2:09am
post #9 of 11

I agree with chococherry, the chocolate rolled cookies on here are yummy!!!

pinkaproncookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkaproncookie Posted 21 Aug 2007 , 12:03am
post #10 of 11

I have to say I tried the chocolate rolled cookie recipe from CC and I did not like how they turned out. The texture (to me )was really yucky, and I thought the dough was really sticky and hard to work with.

I would like to try the white chocolate recipe, but with dark. My question is do I use bakers chocolate, or regular

Thanks in advance.

Wendy

chococherry Posted 21 Aug 2007 , 1:36am
post #11 of 11

I agree that the texture before baking is quite sticky - I rolled it out between 2 sheets of wax paper, and it was fine for me!

The texture after baking is soft and chewy... one person described it to me as "what i always want sugar cookies to be like, but never are!" Like me, she hates crunchy cookies.

icon_smile.gif HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%