Need Help Pricing A Cookie Package

Baking By puzzlegut Updated 10 Oct 2006 , 2:16am by Flowerpot

puzzlegut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
puzzlegut Posted 8 Oct 2006 , 5:25pm
post #1 of 7

I have somebody that might be interested in buying a cookie package from me for his friend's birthday which is on Halloween. Basically he wants 3 different types of things, chocolate chips cookies, brownies, and peanut butter no bake cookies and 1 dozen of each (a total of 3 dozen). As far as packaging goes, I'll either use a cheap tupperwear container (about $1) or if I find an inexpensive Halloween container, I'll use that. I'll also have to mail the package from MI to MO. The guy is willing to spend up to $50 but I don't think it's going to cost that much for it. How much do all of you charge for cookie packages? Also, after you figure out the cost of your ingredients, packaging, shiping etc., how much of a mark up do you charge? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

6 replies
rosita6882 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosita6882 Posted 9 Oct 2006 , 2:25pm
post #2 of 7

If it where me...

If you charge lets say, 50 cents a cookie, times three dozen, thats only 18 dollars. one dollar for the container, thats 19. Then add whatever you think you time is worth. Are you paying to ship it? If so then add what ever it cost you to package it and ship it. Hope this helps.

AgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AgentCakeBaker Posted 9 Oct 2006 , 2:31pm
post #3 of 7

Are you cookies going to be decorated? If decorated, I charge 1.50 per cookie. If non-decorated, I would charge at least $1.

cindy6250 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy6250 Posted 9 Oct 2006 , 2:35pm
post #4 of 7

My basic cookies are 6.00 per dozen, 3 inch square brownies are 2.00 each. You can find some cute Halloween platters at the Dollar Tree or Walmart.

I would say with packaging and shipping, you need to charge at least 40.00. You can check shipping on USPS.com.

Hope this helps.

Cindy

puzzlegut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
puzzlegut Posted 9 Oct 2006 , 3:14pm
post #5 of 7

The cookies I would make would be chocolate chip cookies, brownies (probably turtle brownies), and peanut butter no bakes. So none of them are decorated. And yes I would have to cover the shipping costs, so I would have to be reimbursed for that. Shipping is probably going to be about $10.

Zmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zmama Posted 10 Oct 2006 , 2:05am
post #6 of 7

$40 I'd say total.

Flowerpot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Flowerpot Posted 10 Oct 2006 , 2:16am
post #7 of 7

www.cookiesbydesign might give you an idea what they sell their cookies for and a great place to see some wonderful pictures of decorated cookies.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%