I Want To Throw Up!!

Decorating By ksimp6577 Updated 10 Aug 2007 , 1:18am by kathik

ksimp6577 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ksimp6577 Posted 10 Aug 2007 , 12:28am
post #1 of 11

But in a good way. . .

I got a call today to do a Bat Mitzvah cake for a very well known, well respected family in my city. The party has "so far" 340 confirmed RSVPs. icon_eek.gif I have to get with the caterer tomorrow to determine the number of servings, but it's obviously going to be a mammoth cake. The theme is photography and the arts, which I think will be very fun to do. The only thing that makes me a bit nervous about the whole thing is that I'm not Jewish nor really familiar with all of the guidelines associated with Kosher/parve baking. However, the caterer said she's more than happy to answer any questions I have about it, and I have a Kosher kitchen to use. I'm very excited about it!

10 replies
pumpkinroses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pumpkinroses Posted 10 Aug 2007 , 12:32am
post #2 of 11

congratulations. I'm sure you will do a great job.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 10 Aug 2007 , 12:32am
post #3 of 11

woo-hooo!
congratulations.

so many fun things you can do with that theme

---

contact CC member Kathik --- she runs a business specializing in Kosher/parve goodies.

her profile: http://forum.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=profile&mode=viewprofile&u=54216

soccermom17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soccermom17 Posted 10 Aug 2007 , 12:34am
post #4 of 11

Way to go!! You'll blow them away! Just think of all of the referrals you'll get. That is a lot of RSVP's. And having a kosher kitchen is a big plus. Also, meeting with the caterer is a great thing. You can forge a great working bond and get some work referrals from her/him. Good luck. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

ksimp6577 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ksimp6577 Posted 10 Aug 2007 , 12:41am
post #5 of 11

Thanks Doug -- I've already been PMing with her. She's an AMAZING resource for us to have here!

wysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wysmommy Posted 10 Aug 2007 , 12:44am
post #6 of 11

Congratulations!

That is VERY exciting! I wish I had some advice to offer about Kosher stuff, but it's a mystery to me.

GOOD LUCK!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

-Michelle

dydemus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dydemus Posted 10 Aug 2007 , 12:51am
post #7 of 11

Oh wow - a cake for at 340 guests? I sweat the 100 ones!!

campinsp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
campinsp Posted 10 Aug 2007 , 12:51am
post #8 of 11

WOW thats great!!! I can see why they wanted you to do the cake. I peeked at your pics. Very nice icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

fmcmulle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fmcmulle Posted 10 Aug 2007 , 12:58am
post #9 of 11

I think you will be just fine. I looked at your other pictures and they are great. You have Talent! thumbs_up.gif

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 10 Aug 2007 , 1:03am
post #10 of 11

If you do a good job with this, expect a ton of referrals.

I'm sure you will do a great job!

kathik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathik Posted 10 Aug 2007 , 1:18am
post #11 of 11

icon_redface.gif I go away for one day and you guys are talking about me!! icon_lol.gif

I know you'll do a great job, Kim. You have a lot of talent and this will be a great place to showcase it! thumbs_up.gif Relax and have fun with the design. I'll be glad to answer any more questions you have.

Kathi

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%