Fondant On Pumpkin

Decorating By doleta Updated 8 Oct 2006 , 10:42pm by jastaus

doleta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doleta Posted 7 Oct 2006 , 7:33pm
post #1 of 6

I want to make a pumpkin. Put two bundts one on top of the other.
I was thinking of covering it in MMF.
It would be my first time.
Any tips? Thanks!

5 replies
vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 7 Oct 2006 , 7:44pm
post #2 of 6

I haven't tried the MMF yet, but the bundt pan has sooooo many indentations that for a first timer, that could be tricky. Good luck though. Post if you make it. For a cake, the bundt pans would be the trick to the pumpkin form.

sweetviolent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetviolent Posted 8 Oct 2006 , 3:23am
post #3 of 6

I just did a pumpkin and didnt have a bundt the right size so... i had to do 2 bowls that where oven safe and for the ridges I made ropes out of mmf and covered with mmf- ( it is perched on a cake in my photos) anyway what i am trying to say is you will be fine- I filled between and did a nice crumb coat making sure the 2 layers had time to settle together. Then when i covered it i just smoothed in between the ridges the bundt would be thew same !! go for it !!

doleta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doleta Posted 8 Oct 2006 , 4:47pm
post #4 of 6

Thank you Sweetviolet. I love your cakes!
the pumpkin is darling. How did you do the leaves?
You did very well for a first wedding cake! thumbs_up.gif doleta

sweetviolent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetviolent Posted 8 Oct 2006 , 9:25pm
post #5 of 6

thanks doleta how kind ! the leaves are mmf which i cut out from templates I made of real leaves and then "painted" with gel food coloring !

jastaus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jastaus Posted 8 Oct 2006 , 10:42pm
post #6 of 6

I made a lot of pumkin flavored and shaped cakes laste year at my internship. We used marzipan to cover it instead of fondant... tastes complement each other and marzipan dies to pumkin color very easily. very yummy!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%