Weight Loss Product?

Lounge By jackie64 Updated 8 Oct 2006 , 5:31am by da_goof

jackie64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jackie64 Posted 7 Oct 2006 , 11:41am
post #1 of 8

I am like every poor person out there I have tried every weight loss product, pill , fad, atkins, zone, south beach low glycemic you name it I think I have tried it and obviously have failed. I was watching this infomercial about Micheal Thurmonds 6 week body makeover and I just wondered if anyone here on CC has tried this program? They state over and over this is the one that will work. They sound so convincing but thats just like all the other ones too. What makes me red flag trying this program is that they state he is reducing the price of the program from 4 payments of $29.99 to 6 payments of $19.99 plus shipping and handling which adds up to you paying the same price basically. Do they think we cannot add? icon_mad.gif

7 replies
bodaisy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bodaisy Posted 7 Oct 2006 , 12:06pm
post #2 of 8

ouch!!!! icon_surprised.gif have you thought of another method rather than pills?? What I've been doing is cutting out the sugar in my foods and it's working VERY well!!!!thumbs_up.gif Do I cheat?? YUP!! icon_wink.gif but I try to work a little harder with the stretching and exercising...

I hope you can find something that works well for you icon_smile.gificon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

Winnie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Winnie Posted 7 Oct 2006 , 1:15pm
post #3 of 8

If you have never been to Weight Watchers, try it...IT WORKS!!!!

mommykicksbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommykicksbutt Posted 7 Oct 2006 , 5:01pm
post #4 of 8

Yip, Save your money. I bought the Michael Thurmonds 6 week program for my daughter and I. It has a lot of ooooo's and ahhhhh's about it at first but it is really no different than all the others. Just make better food choices (you already know what those are!), don't be impulsive when it comes to foods (do you really need that bag of cookies you are putting in you grocery cart?), and just put the fork down sooner (yes, you are already full). Get a good pair of walking shoes and go take a walk more often. Better yet, do it with a buddy! The support helps.

cakesbyjess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyjess Posted 7 Oct 2006 , 5:39pm
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie

If you have never been to Weight Watchers, try it...IT WORKS!!!!

I agree completely. I have tried just about every weight loss product/program known to man (err, should I say, woman! icon_lol.gif ). Weight Watchers is hands down (IMO) the one that allows you the most choices (you can literally eat ANYTHING), which in turn keeps you from quitting. It also seems to be the one that most doctors recommend (from what I've heard/learned). I've wasted way tooooo much money over the years on weight loss products from infomercials (those @#^%$ infomercials brainwash us, I tell ya!!!! icon_mad.gif ), and they are all just junk. I just don't want you to waste your money. I'll get off my soapbox now ... icon_lol.gif

rezzygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rezzygirl Posted 7 Oct 2006 , 6:05pm
post #6 of 8

The way they get you is ...

You have seen the commercial many many times, but on this one particular day, you are feeling down about your weight, (maybe feeling hopeless) and you see the commercial again and it hits you hurting the most. You think it's the answer and you feel better just for the hope you have because you have ordered it. It's what they are counting on. You get it, and it's just like everything else and you are down again. It becomes an endless cycle because it's not the product, but where YOU are at for the moment.

I'm not trying to be discouraging, but I have been there many many times and the only time something works for me is when I am at a better place emotionally. The program doesn't really matter that much, which is probably why there are so many out there. It depends on YOUR DECISION to work it!

So now I turn the channel when ever I see one of those infomercials. And when they ask those questions like those leading questions like "wanna lose weight fast ?... are you down??.. I answer NO NO NO!!!.

You will know when you are ready.

Okay...off the soapbox.

-Rezzy

jackie64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jackie64 Posted 8 Oct 2006 , 4:46am
post #7 of 8

Thanks everyone I am so glad I didnt order the product . In my heart I know its just like all the others and the only real way is to cut fat carbs and sugar and exercise I love the way you explained it Rezzycakes and you are right I have find the time within myself to do it. Wish me luck I am 100 pounds overweight and I am starting to look at myself in the mirror more and more and am becoming more disgusted with my looks I really want to improve my eating habits but sometimes that desire to eat just overwhelms me I know some of you know what I am talking about . I am an emotional eater as well . I have dealt with this problem all of my life and sometimes I just want to give up and thats the real problem I have given up like 10 years ago I just started eating what I wanted when I wanted whenever I wanted and as much as I wanted you get the picture . I do feel hopeless at this point in my life but I know tomorrow is a new day to start again . Sorry guys for it just all came out this way . icon_sad.gif

da_goof Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
da_goof Posted 8 Oct 2006 , 5:31am
post #8 of 8

I am with the other ones Go join a weight watcher group it does work and drink alot of water or no sugar drink NOT SODA and walking and excerise is the best you have to get up and move it does work i have lost over 30 lbs in the last 8 months some people losse it fast and so slow but do not give up it does work. and you don't have to buy any special foods or drugs just real food.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%