michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 9 Aug 2007 , 1:42pm
post #1 of 31

Mine: Yankee Candles' Buttercream but am looking for new ones

30 replies
TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 9 Aug 2007 , 3:06pm
post #2 of 31

mine varies from season to season ... I tend to like "linen" during the spring and summer and then during the fall I like heavier scents like vanilla, and apple spice ...

1234cakemom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1234cakemom Posted 9 Aug 2007 , 3:42pm
post #3 of 31

I also like linen but my absolute fav is lilac. I cant find that scent in stores, have to get it from candle makers usually.

Star_dust_girl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Star_dust_girl Posted 9 Aug 2007 , 3:48pm
post #4 of 31

I hate to admit it but I am a bit of a candle addict. My all time favorite is Yankee Candle Co Cinnamon but I love the tarts more than the candles themselves.
I am also a big fan of those primitive cake candles. So cute!!!

lynda-bob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lynda-bob Posted 9 Aug 2007 , 7:26pm
post #5 of 31

Any Sandalwood or Sandalwood/citrus... icon_rolleyes.gif Reminds me of an old flame hehehe

Dordee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dordee Posted 9 Aug 2007 , 7:27pm
post #6 of 31

Blueberry

mkerton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkerton Posted 9 Aug 2007 , 7:48pm
post #7 of 31

hmmm for me anything that makes the house smell like I am baking......like baked apple, cinn bun, etc etc........ for some reason all blue candles give me a HUGE headache, so i have to steer away from them.

michellenj Posted 9 Aug 2007 , 9:28pm
post #8 of 31

I just got a new Yankee one called Harvest. It smells like cinnamon, apples, and a few other things I can't quite tell what they are.

JRAE33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JRAE33 Posted 9 Aug 2007 , 9:40pm
post #9 of 31

Mine tend to vary by season. I love lilac in the spring and summer...if I burn them at all in spring/summer as I like having the windows open and just smelling the fresh air!! Fall I love Pumpkin and Winter cinnamon.

famousamous Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
famousamous Posted 10 Aug 2007 , 12:12am
post #10 of 31

In the winteand fall I like yankee apple pie and in the sping and summer I go for clean linen or yankee macintosh (sp?) apple.

ValMommytoDanny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ValMommytoDanny Posted 10 Aug 2007 , 1:17am
post #11 of 31

Gold Canyon Pomegrante - followed by teaberry.

if I can't get Gold Canyon then the Candle Cottage from Lancaster PA makes rockin' versions of these scents. I have turned a many people onto these scents... they are lovely.

icon_smile.gif

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 10 Aug 2007 , 1:37am
post #12 of 31

None, I have asthma and every scented candle or room freshener sets off an attack.

Cupcakemom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cupcakemom Posted 10 Aug 2007 , 2:02am
post #13 of 31

My fav is Mountain Lake/Yankee.

miriel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miriel Posted 10 Aug 2007 , 3:04am
post #14 of 31

I love "Marble Cake", "Fresh Baked Cookie" and "Blueberry Muffin" from Bath and Body Works' White Barn NY.

marybible Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marybible Posted 10 Aug 2007 , 10:00pm
post #15 of 31

I like sugar cookie, and there was one I bought at Goodys and it was Birthday cake. It was awesome.

Luby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Luby Posted 11 Aug 2007 , 2:35pm
post #16 of 31

I like Bird Of Paradise by Circle E candles icon_smile.gif

KlyKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KlyKat Posted 11 Aug 2007 , 6:55pm
post #17 of 31

My favorite is Christmas Wish from Yankee Candle. My daughter bought it for me 3 years ago and they discontinued it shortly after. So I went to the local Yankee store and bought all the had then went to the online store and bought as much as I could afford icon_redface.gif K'ly

AuntieElle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AuntieElle Posted 13 Aug 2007 , 2:17am
post #18 of 31

Yankee Clean Cotton in Spring, Yankee Lemon Zest in Summer, Old Virgina County Fair in Autumn and Yankee Pumpkin Pie in Winter.

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 13 Aug 2007 , 2:36am
post #19 of 31

I like buttercream by Bath and body works...angel whispers by glade .... Anything that smells like Christmas

I love yankee candles but I continuously burn mine all day...and I would be going through 30.00 candles like crazy! icon_sad.gif DH doesn't mind me buying them but I sure feel guilty. Does anybody belong to the Yankee candle club??

KlyKat Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 12:08am
post #20 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgoat5

I like buttercream by Bath and body works...angel whispers by glade .... Anything that smells like Christmas

I love yankee candles but I continuously burn mine all day...and I would be going through 30.00 candles like crazy! icon_sad.gif DH doesn't mind me buying them but I sure feel guilty. Does anybody belong to the Yankee candle club??

WHAT???? icon_eek.gif There's a Yankee Candle Club?? Tell me it is so icon_cry.gif Oh please, tell me more. K'ly

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 2:21pm
post #21 of 31

Yes there is..I got a ordering catalog from Yankee Candles a while back and there is a club you can get a membership for...you receive the candle of the month. Im sure if you go to their website it would tell you more. icon_smile.gif

Iheartcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iheartcake Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 2:40pm
post #22 of 31

I love the Yankee candle, Macintosh apple, but my all time favourite is Christmas Eve, also Yankee. I absolutely love that smell.

Mchelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mchelle Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 3:27pm
post #23 of 31

I love vanilla and gardenia

KlyKat Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 11:47pm
post #24 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgoat5

Yes there is..I got a ordering catalog from Yankee Candles a while back and there is a club you can get a membership for...you receive the candle of the month. Im sure if you go to their website it would tell you more. icon_smile.gif

Oh how did I miss it icon_surprised.gif As much as I go to their website and look at the catalogs????? Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!! K'ly

michellenj Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 12:05am
post #25 of 31

Does anyone know which one smells better-Granny Smith of Mac Intosh? Or are they basically the same scent, one just stronger? I liked them both, but had been sniffing so many candles already they were all smelling the same.

KlyKat Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 12:10am
post #26 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by michellenj

Does anyone know which one smells better-Granny Smith of Mac Intosh? Or are they basically the same scent, one just stronger? I liked them both, but had been sniffing so many candles already they were all smelling the same.

Personally, I like Granny Smith better. I think it has more smell to it icon_razz.gif Does that sound right icon_confused.gif K'ly

michellenj Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 12:26am
post #27 of 31

Klykat-that is the one I bought! Where are you from in GA? I'm originally from there too. Sylvester in Worth County.

Leahbell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Leahbell Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 1:15am
post #28 of 31

I love Cotton Blossom from The White Barn Candle Co. The linen smells good too.

blmiller84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blmiller84 Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 4:49am
post #29 of 31

I can't remember the brand, but my current fav candle scent is Sugar Cookie. I got it from a family I was tutoring for last school year and I light it whenever I'm not baking icon_lol.gif

TRisser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TRisser Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 6:02am
post #30 of 31

I love Yankee Spiced pumpkin but can't find them here. My BFF sent me them for my birthday last year. Isn't she awesome? anyway, my mom bought one for me at the Scarborough Renaissance Fair. It was vanilla mint. I really like that too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%