Ahhh!!!!!!!!the Worst Cake Horror Of My Life!

Decorating By Hershey17 Updated 13 Jul 2005 , 3:42am by sheilaattaway

Hershey17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hershey17 Posted 10 Jul 2005 , 12:26am
post #1 of 4

Today my good friend I_Love_Cake and I had to finish a cake due today
at 6.Well, we baked,iced,and smoothed the cake last night and she had already done the transfer for the top.So we figured, this we'll be a breeze. icon_rolleyes.gif
We were sooooo wrong! icon_cry.gificon_mad.gif
After we got the cake to her house we tried to put the transfer on the cake, it totally fell apart! icon_cry.gif We had to take it all off and we we only had about 2 hours till she had to take it to the party! icon_cry.gif The transfer was of horses{Which my friend did a great job on icon_smile.gif }.She wasn't to happy about seeing all her hard work smushed together on the table.So know we have a cake with nothing but a faint horse outline.
After freaking out alittle we recomposed ourselves and decided to do a gel transfer of a horse head.I scraped off all the tinted icing,re-iced it,then
she did the transfer.Well there's our horror story,thanks for letting me vent, that was one of the hardest days we've ever had decorating cakes. icon_rolleyes.gif But it all turned out well and it did teach us a few things. icon_smile.gif

3 replies
flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 10 Jul 2005 , 8:59pm
post #2 of 4

well then it was all worth it..... sorry to hear about that... I cant seem to get the transfers off easy.....

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 10 Jul 2005 , 9:17pm
post #3 of 4

Sorry to hear about all your problems w/the BCT .. I'm glad it came out in the end icon_smile.gif .. funny how when we compose ourselves we manage to pull it together and make it work anyways icon_biggrin.gif

sheilaattaway Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sheilaattaway Posted 13 Jul 2005 , 3:42am
post #4 of 4

Nice recovery! I HATE WHEN THIS STUFF HAPPENS! But we all learn from it

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%