Gumpaste Cutters

Decorating By JoanneK Updated 10 Oct 2006 , 1:59pm by LorraineF

JoanneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoanneK Posted 5 Oct 2006 , 5:37am
post #1 of 10

Where do you buy your cutters from? What ones do you recommend to buy?

I'm just getting started in gumpaste. I already have the rose cutters, the poppy cutters and grape leaf cutters as well as ivy.

I was wondering which ones do you use the most or which kind of flowers do you get the most request for?

Thanks
Joanne

9 replies
dydemus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dydemus Posted 5 Oct 2006 , 10:53am
post #2 of 10

bump
I would like to know those answers too

melodyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melodyscakes Posted 5 Oct 2006 , 2:04pm
post #3 of 10

I bought mine from scott whoolley. do a google search for him, do scott whoolley cake and you should find him. his site has pictures of the flowers you can make, and tells you which cutters you need to make each flower. you have to order his book from amazon.com to get directions...
you email him with your request, and questions and he emails you back with info. then he sends your order and you send him a check. I LOVE my cutters from him!!! be careful, the cost adds up before you know it.
but my favorite flower so far has been the rose. you can make different sizes, small med and large all with the cutters....great!! then you can do more roses than the wilton cutters will allow you to do.

have fun shopping for cutters, I did!

I also have enjoyed the camila flower cutter. it turned out sooo pretty!!!!

JoanneK Posted 8 Oct 2006 , 5:27am
post #4 of 10

Thanks. I will go check out his web site. Anyone else?

LorraineF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LorraineF Posted 9 Oct 2006 , 3:56am
post #5 of 10

I just got started in gumpaste this year and the first one I bought was the calla lily. It's an easy flower to make and it looks gorgeous! Also the daisy cutters (6 petal) are nice, you can make several flowers with them. I bought the ivy leaf set (3 sizes) and the silicone veiner that goes with them (also 3 sizes). I guess it mostly depends on what kind of flowers you want to make--I really want to get an orchid cutter & silicone mold, but that would set me back about $50! I also really like the ceramic veining tool (I got mine at Sugarcraft)--it adds veins to all kinds of petals.

alicegop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alicegop Posted 9 Oct 2006 , 8:16am
post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by melodyscakes

I bought mine from scott whoolley. do a google search for him, do scott whoolley cake and you should find him. his site has pictures of the flowers you can make, and tells you which cutters you need to make each flower. you have to order his book from amazon.com to get directions...
you email him with your request, and questions and he emails you back with info. then he sends your order and you send him a check. I LOVE my cutters from him!!! be careful, the cost adds up before you know it.
but my favorite flower so far has been the rose. you can make different sizes, small med and large all with the cutters....great!! then you can do more roses than the wilton cutters will allow you to do.

have fun shopping for cutters, I did!

I also have enjoyed the camila flower cutter. it turned out sooo pretty!!!!

I checked it out, it is Woolley no h.
http://www.cakesbydesign.cc/ is the website!

magnet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
magnet Posted 9 Oct 2006 , 9:28am
post #7 of 10

hi, have you ever thought of buying from the u.k. i know of a very good shop that will ship anywhere, even with the postage it's good value and they have every cutter you could think of.
the web address is www.sugaricing.com
the ladies who run the shop are jenny and norma. :

i hope this is helpfull

AMW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AMW Posted 9 Oct 2006 , 10:56am
post #8 of 10

Creative Cutters has a pretty extensive line of very good cutters by different manufacturers.

JoanneK Posted 9 Oct 2006 , 4:17pm
post #9 of 10

Thanks for the great places to buy from everyone. I've been busy reading all the web sites.

Oh and I would gladly buy from the UK. I don't care where I buy from if they are good and the price is right. icon_lol.gif

I've just started this new obsession of gumpaste flowers. I have to say they are so much easier then the buttercream ones. If you have the right tools.

Thanks again

LorraineF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LorraineF Posted 10 Oct 2006 , 1:59pm
post #10 of 10

I told a friend last January I would do her daughter's wedding cake in September--she wanted calla lilies on it--so set about learning how to do gumpaste flowers. Watch out, it is addicitive! I bet i've spent $500 on cutters, supplies, etc. They are so beautiful though.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%