Does Anyone Know How To Make Champagne Colored Fondant?

Decorating By MissRobin Updated 17 May 2016 , 4:29am by kas2105

MissRobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissRobin Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 1:41pm
post #1 of 11

I have a wedding in Oct. and the brides colors are champagne, brown, and red. I am not sure about the champagne color.

10 replies
panipuri Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
panipuri Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 1:54pm
post #2 of 11

I know you get a lustre or petal dust ( not sure which) that is champagne. I think peach mixed with something might give you a champagne color. I would ask for a color sample from her and then try to color your fondant and see what you need to do. Elaine

nmartin7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nmartin7 Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 5:11pm
post #3 of 11

I ordered champagne colored luster dust, along with tan opal. I thought it both were just way too pink, you could hardly tell the difference in the two and they were not at all what I hoped for. Just passing this along because it seemed so very pink to me. Wish I could help more.

cakesbyjess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyjess Posted 8 Aug 2007 , 6:28am
post #4 of 11

I would also like to know how to get the champagne color in fondant. I also have a wedding cake in September, and this is the color the bride wants the fondant to be.

KayDay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayDay Posted 8 Aug 2007 , 6:43am
post #5 of 11

I always use just a touch of brown..( a very small touch ) and a hint of pink to my fondant....It always works well. Some folks idea of champagne is peachy and some looks barely more than off white ...while one bride I had thought it was almost orange. The usual one that to most of my experience is usually dead on is the color on one of my cakes in my photos...with champagne swags. But I agree with the previous poster who said ask for a color sample.HTH

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=45173

cakesbyjess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyjess Posted 8 Aug 2007 , 6:47am
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayDay

I always use just a touch of brown..( a very small touch ) and a hint of pink to my fondant....It always works well. Some folks idea of champagne is peachy and some looks barely more than off white ...while one bride I had thought it was almost orange. The usual one that to most of my experience is usually dead on is the color on one of my cakes in my photos...with champagne swags. HTH

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=45173

Thanks so much!! That is very helpful (and that cake is beautiful, by the way!!)! thumbs_up.gif

maria892 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maria892 Posted 8 Aug 2007 , 6:49am
post #7 of 11

I like pink champagne - just to throw the spanner in the works...LOL.

chovest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chovest Posted 8 Aug 2007 , 8:57pm
post #8 of 11

Definitely get a color sample. Ivory is small amounts is a good start. It's kind of brown based.

cakequeen50 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakequeen50 Posted 8 Aug 2007 , 10:04pm
post #9 of 11

I use touch of brown, pink and green. The green tones it down.
It definitley needs some playing with to get it right, but when you do, write it down so you won't forget.

lmalewski Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lmalewski Posted 16 May 2016 , 10:31pm
post #10 of 11

I agree with the above post.  If you are looking to make a metallic champagne color (between gold and silver), green is definitely the key.  I mix a little bit of ivory with a little dark brown into the fondant.  Generally this mix becomes pinky in color.  Then I add olive or juniper green, which completely neutralizes the pink tones.  This becomes a light "putty" color.  You can get the desired darkness by alternating between a little more brown and juniper green.  (Honestly, I probably end up adding more green than any other color, but it doesn't come out looking green at all.  Just add slowly!)  After covering the cake, I airbrush with a clear pearl metallic and you will have a beautiful metallic champagne color.

kas2105 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kas2105 Posted 17 May 2016 , 4:29am
post #11 of 11

I agree - get a sample from the bride! I have a wedding in September and the bride wants the cake to match the colors of her dress which is two layers that the dress people call ivory over champagne. The fabric sample they sent me looks like ivory and white to me. In fact, I made a wooden cake stand for this cake and used ivory spray paint on it before I got the fabric swatch. After I got the swatch and compared them, the paint, which is called "ivory bisque" exactly matches the fabric that the dress makers call champagne. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%