Cc Addiction Must Stop.....

Decorating By Mencked Updated 7 Aug 2007 , 2:48pm by twooten173

Mencked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mencked Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 3:28am
post #1 of 31

I should be baking cakes right now, not looking at all the new posts and pictures on CC. I've made this my home page at work. I'm getting farther behind there, but I can't stop looking at CC. What the heck is wrong with me?!? Now I'm going to have to get up and bake before I go to work. Somebody stop me........HA! Is anyone else having this problem?

30 replies
valora387 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
valora387 Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 3:36am
post #2 of 31

I was supposed to be getting ready for work this morning and instead surfed CC until 20 minutes before I had to leave...
I seriously feel the pain of your addiction.
Is there a 12 step program for this? icon_rolleyes.gif

iramirez94 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iramirez94 Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 3:38am
post #3 of 31

Add me to the list.. right now I should be going to bed. Last night I was up until 2 am. Doing what???? You know... I was CCing. (wow did I just create a new verb?)

I am very addicted... The good thing is that i dont have any cakes to bake other than for my fondant class on Thursday.

I love CC!!!!!!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

heavenscent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heavenscent Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 3:38am
post #4 of 31

my name is melissa & I need help I have an addiction to cc as well

lovely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovely Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 3:42am
post #5 of 31

Hello, my name is Leigh and I'm a CC addict. I should be ironing clothes for my family photo but just had to check CC before I go and do it. Aggghhhh damn you CC for being so addictive. lol icon_lol.gif

mccorda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mccorda Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 3:45am
post #6 of 31

Yes

cwcopeland Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cwcopeland Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 3:48am
post #7 of 31

My name is Tina and I'm addicted to CC too. After I've had enough CC, I got to bed and read romance novels. That's another addiction I've discovered the past couple of months. I bet I've read about 3 per week. They're the stupidest thing's I've ever read but I can't stop.

It could be worse, right? Someone tell me we're OK.

hmarie_73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hmarie_73 Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 4:23am
post #8 of 31

My name is Heather and I have an addiction...A cake central addiction, I too have it as my home page at work, and at home. It is 12:22 AM and I have to be up at 5 AM. I do this everynight, my children think I am crazy and my husband is a very lonely man...I eat breath and sometimes sleep CC...Do they have a patch or gum or something???? Please help me... icon_wink.gif

lovely Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 4:32am
post #9 of 31

Have to leave now but thought I would check my email and if there is no email I would leave but low and behold there are 2 from CC and I just have to click. Somebody please find the gum or patch. lolololololol

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 4:34am
post #10 of 31

My husband is mudding the walls and I'm here checking in on instead of helping. icon_lol.gif

cakesbyjess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyjess Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 4:39am
post #11 of 31

Too funny!!! I am also a complete addict. There are times when I say "I'm only going to be on CC for a couple minutes", and of course a couple minutes turns into a couple hours!!!!! icon_eek.gificon_surprised.gificon_redface.gif It's crazy!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

tasty_treats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tasty_treats Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 5:07am
post #12 of 31

To answer the question if I'm addicted to the CC site.... YES!!!!

hmarie_73 Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 5:11am
post #13 of 31

OMG I AM STILL HERE! MY HUSBAND IS GOING TO SEND ME PACKING! 1:11 AM GOOD NIGHT FELLOW CC-ERS.

CHECKING MY EMAIL ONE MORE TIME....

THEN I WILL GO....

Wiltonlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wiltonlady Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 5:27am
post #14 of 31

I'm not really addicted, I can quit anytime I want to. I'm just here because I have to make sure that new cakes haven't been loaded or a new question requires my answer or cake problem needs solving or fellow CCer that needs my support. So, see, I'm not addicted.

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 5:34am
post #15 of 31

Come to the dark side.....

we have cookies!! party.gif

jarjarmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jarjarmom Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 5:35am
post #16 of 31

I too am behind at work. I say "OK I'll just look for 15 minutes" an hour later the papers are stacking up on my desk. I'm going to have to find a way to lock CC from my work computer before I have 12 free hours a day to CC (meaning I will no longer have a job)

Sad thing is I'm at work right now typing this icon_redface.gif

gabbenmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gabbenmom Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 5:37am
post #17 of 31

The first step to fixing ourselves is to admot we have a problem.....are we fixed yet?
I agree with hmarie, gotta check your emails real quick before you go to bed and then spend sleep time looking at CC!!!
Atleast we are all in this together!!! thumbs_up.gif

abking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abking Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 5:39am
post #18 of 31

OH, thank you thank you, Im not the only one who feels this way. Im also very addicted to romance books too, I know how you feel Tina icon_smile.gif We can all help each other..we have to be strong

hmarie_73 Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 10:19am
post #19 of 31

OK..anything good happen while I was gone????? *yawn* ... it's been 5 hours and 7 minutes...I slept i really did!! Off to see if any CC-ers need any help!!! icon_smile.gificon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gificon_redface.gif

twooten173 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twooten173 Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 10:47am
post #20 of 31

OMG... I was just thinking this last night when my husband asked me why I'm always in the kitchen - with my laptop - but I never cook dinner anymore icon_confused.gif. When I said I always cook he pointed out that
1. We haven't eaten dinner at home since last Wednesday. icon_eek.gif He's right.
2. He knows the name of four people from CC - and no he doesn't have an account.
3. The only pans that get used anymore are my cake pans when I see something on CC that I have to try.

Needless to say - I stepped away from the computer and made him a nice hearty meal. BTW - why is it that I can make and decorate a wedding cake but can't make decent mashed potatoes? They always come out like GLUE. icon_sad.gif Can someone give me mashed potato lessons?

gakali Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gakali Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 10:50am
post #21 of 31

I'm on holidays for the whole summer (not away, just not at work). I had all these grand plans of sleeping in every day. Instead, I get up at 6:15 every morning, and pack my husband's lunch for him - he thinks he has the BEST wife in the world! Then, I'm on CC instead of going back to bed! Little does DH know, if there was no CC he'd be packing his own lunch! Addiction can be a good thing........right?! icon_lol.gif

lovely Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 11:07am
post #22 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by twooten173

OMG... I was just thinking this last night when my husband asked me why I'm always in the kitchen - with my laptop - but I never cook dinner anymore icon_confused.gif. When I said I always cook he pointed out that
1. We haven't eaten dinner at home since last Wednesday. icon_eek.gif He's right.
2. He knows the name of four people from CC - and no he doesn't have an account.
3. The only pans that get used anymore are my cake pans when I see something on CC that I have to try.

Needless to say - I stepped away from the computer and made him a nice hearty meal. BTW - why is it that I can make and decorate a wedding cake but can't make decent mashed potatoes? They always come out like GLUE. icon_sad.gif Can someone give me mashed potato lessons?

Oh me. I can't cook cakes like most of the pros here but I love mashed potato. I always cook them til soft with a fork then drain them, then mash with a masher, witha spoon i mix in some butter, a touch of milk, a slice of cheese and a bit of garlic and salt and pepper. Not too much milk or butter but not so you have to carve it or it has lumps (my MIL has these sort of potatoes). Whisk with the spoon til smooth. MMMM love potato
icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

twooten173 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twooten173 Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 11:12am
post #23 of 31

lovely,

I thought I was supposed to add lots of butter and milk.... could that be the reason for the GLUE potaotes? icon_lol.gif Also I don't even own a potato masher... DH begs me to make instant - yuck. He ate them last night without any cracks because he was happy to have homemade food. See absence makes my food taste better! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

omaida Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
omaida Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 11:32am
post #24 of 31

I work from home on another computer that I do not have connected to the net, bu. of course I have this one right next to me and I find myself on cake central every hour or less. Even on weekends when I get up the first thing I do is turning my computer on just to see what's going on and what new pictures are posted. I am so blessed, I also go into the spanish forum and have made some good friend there.

lovely Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 11:33am
post #25 of 31

Arrggghhhhh. Need to go to bed. The kids are in bed and the kitchen dishes are done and need to get warm and here I am still reading. One more thread on slowly taking over to finish reading that, cause one more can't hurt lololololol

Leigh

lovely Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 11:40am
post #26 of 31
Quote:

lovely,

I thought I was supposed to add lots of butter and milk.... could that be the reason for the GLUE potaotes? icon_lol.gif Also I don't even own a potato masher... DH begs me to make instant - yuck. He ate them last night without any cracks because he was happy to have homemade food. See absence makes my food taste better! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Too much will make it like glue. Not draining enough will make it like glue and leaving the potatoes in the pot til you get around to mashing will make like glue. hehehehehe. thats so sad that I know this but I love potato. Potato is good for you (it's just what you add to it that isn't icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif )Use a fork to mash but a stick blender will also help with lumps.

LOL I love the absence makes my food taste better comment. I bust a rib on that one. Surely someone who cooks great cakes cooks fine dinner.

Have a great night. Looks like I'm here a bit as I just saw a thread that said there was a solution to cc addiction but I had to mark that I'm not ready to be helped yet lol

Mencked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mencked Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 12:14pm
post #27 of 31

Oh I'm so glad to know I'm not alone!! Now tonight I have to make cakes and cover boards and do all the other stuff I should have last night when I started this thread--it's off to work I go now, or is it off to check on CC every 30 minutes? HA!

shooterstrigger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shooterstrigger Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 12:23pm
post #28 of 31

I am defininately addicted but still have enough controll to not look at work LOL I would not get anything done Mind you, I should have left for work 5 min ago icon_biggrin.gif

cwcopeland Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cwcopeland Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 12:53pm
post #29 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely

Quote:

lovely,

Too much will make it like glue. Not draining enough will make it like glue and leaving the potatoes in the pot til you get around to mashing will make like glue. hehehehehe. thats so sad that I know this but I love potato. Potato is good for you (it's just what you add to it that isn't icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif )Use a fork to mash but a stick blender will also help with lumps.

LOL I love the absence makes my food taste better comment. I bust a rib on that one. Surely someone who cooks great cakes cooks fine dinner.

Have a great night. Looks like I'm here a bit as I just saw a thread that said there was a solution to cc addiction but I had to mark that I'm not ready to be helped yet lol

abking- we can be each other's sponsor's icon_biggrin.gif Also, I love your doggie.

The secret to not having gluey mashed potatoes is to drain them immediately and mash. Like lovely says, leaving them in the pan makes them turn to starch (glue). When you boil them, throw a couple of cloves of garlic in. After they are fork tender, throw a stick of butter in and enough sour cream to thin them out. Remember plenty of salt and pepper and top with some chopped green onions. Instant heart attack. icon_eek.gif

alanahodgson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alanahodgson Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 2:09pm
post #30 of 31

I'm so scared...I'm a teacher off for the summer. I have to return to work in less than a month. How will I get my CC fix? How will I ever keep up with the lastest uploads? the most recent posts? It takes me all day to stay in touch now! How will I ever meet the demands of my job and my family (I've just pretty much ignored them this summer)?
I'll be sneaking CC during my lunch, taking my kids to McDonalds to avoid making dinner, I'll have to get a laptop for my daughter's soccer practice. How will I ever cope?

Signed,
Scared and Confused

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%