Family Reunion

Lounge By TheCakerator Updated 6 Aug 2007 , 11:35pm by TheCakerator

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 7:29pm
post #1 of 4

This weekend is my family reunion, and its also the weekend I am going to enter my first cake into a competition! Therefore I really would like to put all my attention on my fair cake and not make a cake for the family reunion .. which means another dish to think of ... detective.gif does anyone have an easy to make doesnt need refrigeration type dish I could take with me to the reunion? Any and all ideas are greatly appreciated!

3 replies
TheCakerator Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 9:21pm
post #2 of 4

I see you guys peekin' ...

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 9:44pm
post #3 of 4

well...

the every popular jell-o mold (tho' where I'm at that'd soon be a soupy mess (it's near 100 today!!!!)

a well refrigerated watermelon -
kick that up a notch by carving to look like a basket and filling w/ fresh fruits -- then stash in big ice chest on ice.

cookies / brownies

fresh boiled corn on the cob (bring camp stove -- boil there)

cold fried chicken (easy method -- couple of KFC buckets bought ahead and chilled then repackaged into your container)

the buns for all the burgers/hot dogs

smores fixin's if there's going to be any kind of fire (tho' in this heat -- what are you, nuts!!!???!!!)

egg/mustard/vinegar potato salad (non-mayo)

german potato salad? (non-mayo)

all the chips and party mix?

----

which brings me to an important point -- depending upon the weather -- and esp. if you are in the superheated dog days of August syndrome --

most anything save breads and chips will have to be kept chilled somehow -- even precooked and chilled it still should be on ice.

TheCakerator Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 11:35pm
post #4 of 4

thanks doug .. I think we are having the same problem as you .. HOT STINKIN' HOT ! Its been darn near 100 with very high humidity this past week and I am assuming going more into August it isn't going to get much better! The KFC chicken doesn't sound like to bad of an idea though ... I would do a fruit basket but there is always that one aunt in the family that makes the biggest fruit basket you have ever seen ... mine would pale in comparison LOL thanks again doug!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%