Easy Way To Grease Silicone Cupcake Liners?

Decorating By Angy Updated 6 Aug 2007 , 7:37pm by Angy

Angy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Angy Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 7:02pm
post #1 of 5

Might be a really question, sorry! I bought some of those shaped silicone cupcake liners, but wondering how to grease them? I have the Wilton easy release spray stuff, but I tried and it left a ton of spray in the liner and I don't want the cupcakes to taste like the spray, yuck! Is there an easier way to grease them rather than wiping each one personally?? Any tricks from you pros??

4 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 7:13pm
post #2 of 5

Welcome to Cake Central. Silicone bakeware should not require grease. it is non stick. The cakes probably need to cool in the 'pan' some, to set the exterior of the cake. they they should pop out easily.

countrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
countrycakes Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 7:15pm
post #3 of 5

icon_smile.gif Hi, and Welcome! I do not grease my silicone cups........they come out nice and neat! Just let cool a bit...then pop out. thumbs_up.gif

spongemomsweatpants Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spongemomsweatpants Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 7:21pm
post #4 of 5

welcome to cc...you shouldn't need to use grease on your silcone, however if you are finding that they ar sticking, whihc admittaly I have never had that issue you can spay em down real quick with a baking relese spray.

Angy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Angy Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 7:37pm
post #5 of 5

The ones I bought from Michaels say I should spray them a little. I haven't made any yet without spraying them, so I'll try a batch without and see how they do. Thanks!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%