Has Anyone Used Wedding Cake Pulls?

Decorating By mvucic Updated 7 Jul 2005 , 9:01pm by ntertayneme

mvucic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mvucic Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 8:27pm
post #1 of 4

I just came across this on this website (where they advertise ebay cake decorating related products). I'm so intrigued! If you've used them, where did you place them within the decorations so as to not destroy the cake when they're pulled out? I'm thinking this is a really cute idea!

Thanks!

3 replies
Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 8:47pm
post #2 of 4

i would think you would lay the pull on top of the filling with the ribbon hanging out. The place your second layer on top. That may not be correct though, but that's how I would probably try it.

GinaJuarez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GinaJuarez Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 8:59pm
post #3 of 4

Information taken from http://www.charmart.com/faq.php#CakePulls

An old tradition dating back to Victorian England, sterling silver charms of luck and good fortune were placed into the icing of the wedding cake. Each was tied with a satin ribbon. The bride's attendants would take turns pulling a ribbon from the cake before it was cut. It was believed that each charm had a special meaning and would foretell the future.

Cake pulls have make a big comeback at weddings today. They are also fun for birthdays, graduations, anniversaries, and First Communions. Charms are no longer hidden within the cake, but are placed under the bottom layer with only the ribbons streaming down. It is recommended that you have your baker place the charms when assembling and icing the cake. A plastic film can be used to separate the bottom of the cake from the charms.

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 9:01pm
post #4 of 4

I've seen them at some cake shops and I think it's the neatest idea; however, for some reason, they just haven't caught on ... I've never had one bride ask for them icon_sad.gif I'd love to do one!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%