Anyone Have A Box Of Betty Crocker Devil's Food Handy?

Decorating By rigama Updated 5 Aug 2007 , 6:58pm by rigama

rigama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rigama Posted 5 Aug 2007 , 6:44pm
post #1 of 5

I was just informed that someone who is attending this evening's party has a sever peanut allergy. I don't usually use BC, and don't have an extra box on hand. Could someone please look for me so I don't have to rush to the store. Their website was quite unhelpful.

Thanks!

4 replies
grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 5 Aug 2007 , 6:47pm
post #2 of 5

Sorry, I only use DC..... hope someone has one though...OOPS ! found a carrot cake by BC....... no mention of peanuts or peanut oil, etc.....

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 5 Aug 2007 , 6:55pm
post #3 of 5

I don't have Devils Food but my chocolate and white both say nothing about nuts on them or possibly coming into contact with nuts. However if you didn't prepare the cake in absolutly pristine conditions when it comes to nuts and sanitized the bowl several times I would make sure the person with the allergy knows that it may not be safe. I wouldn't feel safe offering someone with a bad allergy something made in my kitchen, there's too much chance it could have traces of peanut butter or something.

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 5 Aug 2007 , 6:58pm
post #4 of 5

It is my understanding that someone with sever peanut allergies would probably not eat a box mix.

Soybean, cottonseed oil, corn syrup....the corn syrup might not be good for them.I know someone with this allergy and they have to ask all the restaurants to read their labels!

Hope this helps!!

rigama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rigama Posted 5 Aug 2007 , 6:58pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you! Very good point, well taken.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%