Hawaii 5-0

Decorating By GinaJuarez Updated 6 Aug 2007 , 3:38pm by GinaJuarez

GinaJuarez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GinaJuarez Posted 5 Aug 2007 , 12:33am
post #1 of 4

My cousin's wife has asked me to make her mother's 50th birtday cake. the theme is Hawaii 5-0. Unfortunately, that is before my time, and I know nothing about it. Any ideas would be great. She is thinking ether pineapple or coconut cake, so if you have a recipe taht would be great also! Thanks!

3 replies
karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 2:46am
post #2 of 4

I liked that show when I was little. Unfortunately, I haven't seen it since then. I remember the opening credits, with the music and great pics of the islands, hula, flowery shirts, surfing, scenery, and that hunka hunka Jack Lord. "Book 'em Dano....murder one"

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

How about Hawaii themed stuff, leis, etc and a police badge? Maybe someone can come up with something about Dano booking them for something age related? I'm not good with sayings and such.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 3:28am
post #3 of 4

No, you're right. The "Book 'em, Dan-O" was the signature line!

And hunka hunka is right! I was about 9 or 10 and when me and my sisters would play "house", Jack Lord was always my pretend husband!! Yeah, baby! icon_cool.gif

I remember one episode where Steve McGarrett was in a pool. THe guy went underwater and when he came out, his hair was still perfectly in place! He must have had more shellack than Marilyn Monroe EVER put in her hair!

GinaJuarez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GinaJuarez Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 3:38pm
post #4 of 4

Okay, I got a little clarification, and it seems to make it alot easier. She said, it's more like, they are going to hawaii, and she is turning 5-0. That gives me alot more options. I have looked in the gallery, and I will look some more, but I found some awesome inspiration.

Has anyone ever done a piña colada type cake. I was thinking a coconut cake with pineapple filling. Do you think that would be tasty?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%