Creme Bouquet ?

Decorating By beetle1948 Updated 5 Aug 2007 , 6:37pm by JanH

beetle1948 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beetle1948 Posted 4 Aug 2007 , 8:08pm
post #1 of 11

I just bought some creme bouquet flavor enhancer, but it has no directions on how much to use , what to use it in or when to add it.
If you have used it please post your comments........thxs

10 replies
Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 4 Aug 2007 , 8:10pm
post #2 of 11

In a double batch of buttercream (2 pounds sugar), I add 2 Tbsp of Creme Bouquet. Makes it yummy. I omit the other extracts (vanilla & almond) when I use CB.

katwomen1up Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katwomen1up Posted 4 Aug 2007 , 8:10pm
post #3 of 11

I haven't used it but that's all my instructor uses. She uses it in her frosting. I would start out small and work your way up to more if you need it. Start with 1 tsp or 2. Good Luck

alanahodgson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alanahodgson Posted 5 Aug 2007 , 3:10am
post #4 of 11

I use it to replace the almond in WASC. MMMMM....delicious! I guess it should now be called WCBSC (White Creme Bouquet Sour Cream Cake)

moxey2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moxey2000 Posted 5 Aug 2007 , 3:24am
post #5 of 11

I use it in place of vanilla in my homemade yellow cake. I also use it in my BC if I'm out of clear vanilla or butter flavor. I prefer it to vanilla in my cakes, it gives them a rich, yummy flavor. I generally don't use it in my BC because I think it would be overkill since it's in the cake.

DelightsByE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DelightsByE Posted 5 Aug 2007 , 3:31am
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakepro

In a double batch of buttercream (2 pounds sugar), I add 2 Tbsp of Creme Bouquet. Makes it yummy. I omit the other extracts (vanilla & almond) when I use CB.

I adore CB and use it exactly like Cakepro does. I also add 1 TBSP per box of DH Classic White Cake, it isn't really perceptible as such but it does add a certain je ne sais quoi... icon_smile.gif It's really yummy!

cwcopeland Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cwcopeland Posted 5 Aug 2007 , 3:33am
post #7 of 11

I have had a big bottle of creme boquet for about a year now and have been to afraid to use it. I bought it during a cookie demonstration with Penny (penny's cookies) because I think she said she used it sometimes. I'm really glad I came across this discussion. I'll also try to use it instead of almond in the wbsc. I don't care for the almond flavoring.

Does anyone know what exactly the flavors are that make it up?

DelightsByE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DelightsByE Posted 5 Aug 2007 , 3:37am
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwcopeland

Does anyone know what exactly the flavors are that make it up?

Lemon and vanilla! icon_smile.gif

cambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cambo Posted 5 Aug 2007 , 5:36am
post #9 of 11

I also use close to 2 T of CB per 2# batch of buttercream. I thought that was a lot at first, but learned not to be afraid to add more....so I'm nearly at 2 T!

Correction....I meant to say I use 2 tsp (NOT Tablespoons) per 2# batch of buttercream. I think 2 T would be VERY strong and overpowering, but would depend if you're using additional flavorings I guess. But for me, 2 tsp is about right!

shebellas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shebellas Posted 5 Aug 2007 , 1:29pm
post #10 of 11

my instructor gave us a modified BC receipe that I absolutely LOVE as do my clients. I add Creme Bouquet along with vanilla extract and butter flavor to my BC. For a single batch of BC I use 1 teaspoon of Vanilla 1 TBS of Butter flavor and 1 teaspoon of CB. It is fabulous! I will usually cut back on the amount of water by a teaspoon and the consistency still comes out super stiff.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 5 Aug 2007 , 6:37pm
post #11 of 11

More creme bouquet info:
(Scroll down towards bottom of post.)

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-219731-.html

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%