Looking For A Recipe For Bailey's Irish Cream Cake

Decorating By butternut Updated 17 Mar 2008 , 2:15am by kwdonlon

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 4 Aug 2007 , 7:56pm
post #1 of 13

Does anyone have one that they wouldn't mind sharing? I thought sure that I saw a recipe here on CC for the Bailey's Irish Cream but I've looked and just can't find anything. Can anyone guide me in the right direction?? Thanks sooooooo much!!!

12 replies
Lorendabug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lorendabug Posted 5 Aug 2007 , 12:47am
post #2 of 13

I googled it and this was one of the first ones I found. There were many other recipes there too, but a lot of them have vodka in it too. This one is for a mix but I am sure you could just add some Baileys to any white/yellow cake instead of some of the liquid called for in the recipe.

http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,196,149179-230207,00.html

I tried to find it here on CC too, but nothing?

kelly75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelly75 Posted 5 Aug 2007 , 7:27am
post #3 of 13

I make a Baileys Chocolate cake using the Double Chocolate layer cake recipe from Epicurious (sorry, don't have a link), I substitute 60ml (2oz) Baileys for the same amount of coffee called for in the recipe. It tastes amazing and is my most requested cake. Could you try adding Baileys to one of your existing recipes in the same way?

Kelly

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 5 Aug 2007 , 3:37pm
post #4 of 13

Thanks so much Kelly and Lorendabug. I really appreciate your help. Both recipes sound really good. I've never made a Bailey's Irish Cream cake but for some reason, it popped into my head and now I "have" to have one. icon_smile.gif

kelly75 Posted 5 Aug 2007 , 3:40pm
post #5 of 13

The recipe that I use for my Baileys choc cake is a large one (makes a big 10" cake), so you may not need quite as much Bailey's, it depends on the size of your recipe.

Kelly

kwdonlon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kwdonlon Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 6:36pm
post #6 of 13

Butternut, thanks for starting this post. I want to do a bailey's cupcake and Kelly's recipe sounds fabulous. Here's my question...what are you all icing the cake with? Buttercream Bailey's? Or is that too much?

kelly75 Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 10:58pm
post #7 of 13

Baileys buttercream is fantastic! I definitely recommend it!

Kelly

adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 11:09pm
post #8 of 13

Here's a great recipe for a Nutty Irishman Creme Cake. I've made this several times and everyone loves it.

http://www.recipezaar.com/88625

Starkie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Starkie Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 11:24pm
post #9 of 13

Forgive my ignorance, but does all the alcohol evaporate from these cakes, so kids can eat them? What about when you soak the cake in liquor, like the Nutty Irishman recipe that Adonis posted?

Tona Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tona Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 12:35am
post #10 of 13

When you soak them you only use a small amout of the liquor. But it does not evaporate from the cake. Not enough alchol to be a problem I don't think

Cake_Mooma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Mooma Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 12:45am
post #11 of 13

double chocolate layer cake
Gourmet | March 1999

Servings: Serves 12 to 14.

IngredientsFor cake layers

3 ounces fine-quality semisweet chocolate such as Callebaut
1 1/2 cups hot brewed coffee
3 cups sugar
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups unsweetened cocoa powder (not Dutch process)
2 teaspoons baking soda
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
3 large eggs
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups well-shaken buttermilk
3/4 teaspoon vanilla

For ganache frosting
1 pound fine-quality semisweet chocolate such as Callebaut
1 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
1/2 stick (1/4 cup) unsalted butter

Special equipment
two 10- by 2-inch round cake pans

PreparationMake cake layers:
Preheat oven to 300°F. and grease pans. Line bottoms with rounds of wax paper and grease paper.
Finely chop chocolate and in a bowl combine with hot coffee. Let mixture stand, stirring occasionally, until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.

Into a large bowl sift together sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. In another large bowl with an electric mixer beat eggs until thickened slightly and lemon colored (about 3 minutes with a standing mixer or 5 minutes with a hand-held mixer). Slowly add oil, buttermilk, vanilla, and melted chocolate mixture to eggs, beating until combined well. Add sugar mixture and beat on medium speed until just combined well. Divide batter between pans and bake in middle of oven until a tester inserted in center comes out clean, 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes.

Cool layers completely in pans on racks. Run a thin knife around edges of pans and invert layers onto racks. Carefully remove wax paper and cool layers completely. Cake layers may be made 1 day ahead and kept, wrapped well in plastic wrap, at room temperature.

Make frosting:
Finely chop chocolate. In a 1 1/2- to 2-quart saucepan bring cream, sugar, and corn syrup to a boil over moderately low heat, whisking until sugar is dissolved. Remove pan from heat and add chocolate, whisking until chocolate is melted. Cut butter into pieces and add to frosting, whisking until smooth.

Transfer frosting to a bowl and cool, stirring occasionally, until spreadable (depending on chocolate used, it may be necessary to chill frosting to spreadable consistency).

Spread frosting between cake layers and over top and sides. Cake keeps, covered and chilled, 3 days. Bring cake to room temperature before serving.

This is the recipe that I found on Epicurious.com. I really hope this is the one that you are talking about. I want to make this tomorow. I will post how it turns out with the Bailey's Irish Cream.

Vic

kwdonlon Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 2:15am
post #12 of 13

Made the cake that Kelly75 recommended along with her changes adding Bailey's...it is INCREDIBLE!

I made cupcakes (made 43) -- took about 15 minutes to bake, then iced with the Buttercream Dream icing posted on here, substituting Bailey's for about 3 T. of the milk in the recipe.

Thanks for sharing, Kelly!

icon_biggrin.gif

kwdonlon Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 2:15am
post #13 of 13

Made the cake that Kelly75 recommended along with her changes adding Bailey's...it is INCREDIBLE!

I made cupcakes (made 43) -- took about 15 minutes to bake, then iced with the Buttercream Dream icing posted on here, substituting Bailey's for about 3 T. of the milk in the recipe.

Thanks for sharing, Kelly!

icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%