Litter Box Cake?????

Decorating By doleta Updated 2 Oct 2006 , 4:41pm by michelegator

doleta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doleta Posted 1 Oct 2006 , 5:12pm
post #1 of 9

My co-worker just told me about a litter box cake. I'm ROTFL!
Have you ever seen one?
She saw it at a father son cake competition.
She says it is a clean litter box (NEW I hope!)
Stuff on top that looks like litter with tootsie rolls. icon_lol.gificon_surprised.gif Doleta

8 replies
doleta Posted 1 Oct 2006 , 5:17pm
post #2 of 9

She said you use a Pooper Scooper to serve.....My grandsons will LOVE it.

Elfie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elfie Posted 1 Oct 2006 , 5:21pm
post #3 of 9

There are a bunch of pictures in the gallery. I thought the category was disgusting cakes or something like that. I do know if you Google it you will get a ton of directions and pictures. Think trifle with toosie roll poo.

doleta Posted 1 Oct 2006 , 5:26pm
post #4 of 9

OK I'm going to look right now.
I did a search....but it didn't come up. I will try again.

doleta Posted 1 Oct 2006 , 5:49pm
post #5 of 9

Thank you!
That is soooo discusting!
Looked worse than I thought it would.
Can't wait to make it.

SwampWitch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SwampWitch Posted 1 Oct 2006 , 6:20pm
post #6 of 9

PLEASE line the (new, clean) litter box with plastic wrap or foil. Litter boxes are NON-FOOD grade plastic and can easily contain the folowing and more:

lead
mercury
endocrine disruptors
(cause hormone imbalances)
carcinogens
phthalates
(can cause kidney damage and
interfere with reproductive organs and their development).

The toxins can leach into any foods they contact, but have a real affinity for fats. ANY amount of time food is in contact with unsafe plastics is too long. We know that tiny amounts can cause long-term health problems that will not be immediately apparent!

Please also use the scooper for decoration only and serve with utensils. There are very good reasons the manufacturers label these plastics "NON-FOOD grade."

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

SwampWitch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SwampWitch Posted 2 Oct 2006 , 4:32pm
post #7 of 9

p.s. Litter box LINERS (and garbage bags) are also UNSAFE for food. Please line with food-safe plastic or foil.

p.p.s. Is there a way to put a warning in the recipe on this site? I'm sure there are people who just don't realize household plastics shouldn't come in contact with food.

MISSYCOMPOC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MISSYCOMPOC Posted 2 Oct 2006 , 4:41pm
post #8 of 9

My friends mom made one for POKENO one night.... can I just say it was the most discusting thing ever!!!! It was a cute idea but I couldn't stick my fork in it. I am a sweet lover any sweets any time but I couldn't get past the look of it!!
Reading the last posts I sure hope she lined the box with foil or something icon_eek.gif I wasn't eve n thinking about how unsafe it could have been.
Good ol' CC will get you thinking every time! icon_wink.gif

michelegator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michelegator Posted 2 Oct 2006 , 4:41pm
post #9 of 9

Hi,

Okay, I did this one year for a halloween party. It was a hoot because you want to have some but then you don't. We used a small litter box. You can actually use a tupperware that resembles a litter box. We did use plastic.....no one was going to eat the plastic. You get rolled oats or bran and just pour them in.

Make some brownies...even some with nuts. Then you smoosh them up in your hands and make different shapes and then roll them in the box with oats. It really is quite fun.

It's definitely something to make for the reaction and very EASY to do. Don't forget the poop scoop.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%