Big Swirls On Cupcakes - What Tip?

Decorating By mohara Updated 6 Jul 2005 , 10:07pm by SarahJane

mohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mohara Posted 6 Jul 2005 , 7:00pm
post #1 of 2

I used the tip 1M for my cupcakes - which Wilton says to use, and I still would like to find a tip with a larger swirl. The 1M swirl was kinda like those "serve yourself" ice cream machines you find at buffets or other places like that. I would like something larger. Calidawn's tutorial says she uses Wilton's 9C, although Wilton doesn't carry it and neither does Sugarcraft. I also saw some say the Ateco 9826 tip was good too, but that is hard to find. Sugarcraft recommended the 4B/4FT star tip. Has anyone used that one?

Please let me know what tip you use to get those big bakery type swirls.


1 reply
SarahJane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SarahJane Posted 6 Jul 2005 , 10:07pm
post #2 of 2

I did swirly cupcakes for my son's birthday party at school, and I just used the 2D, they turned out really cute.

Quote by @%username% on %date%