Melted Candy Melts Question

Sugar Work By jackmo Updated 2 Aug 2007 , 10:58pm by indydebi

jackmo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jackmo Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 8:59pm
post #1 of 7

I won 10 bags of wilton's dark chocolate melts off of ebay. The mail man today delivered the box and the box was out on the porch for a little while in 90 degree heat. Wheni got the box, some of the melts were soft. Are they alright? It reads on the bag, do not freeze or refridgerate. Store in a cool,dark place. please advise. thanks!!

6 replies
TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 9:02pm
post #2 of 7

They'll be fine. Bring them in the house and let them come to room temperature. Just remelt them when you want to use them.

Deanna

tmt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmt Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 9:13pm
post #3 of 7

TooMuchCake is correct. Let them re-harden at room temp and then follow the package instructions for re-melting when you are ready to use them.

OhMyGoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGoodies Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 9:17pm
post #4 of 7

I have a very old house, my 70+ yr old father grew up in this house so no central a/c and my kitchen gets HOT!!!!!! (hot is an understatment! lol)

I have all my candy melts in the cabinet on the opposite side of the room from the oven for this main reason. And they still manage to melt in the cabinet lol. I just have hubby open the one end and squeeze it down in to a bowl and pop it in the microwave to finish melting all the way lol. They are soft and smooshy so they have to be squeezed out like toothpaste but they are still good icon_wink.gif

swingme83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
swingme83 Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 9:25pm
post #5 of 7

your not supposed to refridgerate them? thats where i store mine so they dont melt.

jackmo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jackmo Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 9:39pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by swingme83

your not supposed to refridgerate them? thats where i store mine so they dont melt.

that is what Wilton says on the bag. I though too, that refrigeration won't hurt.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 10:58pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingme83

that is what Wilton says on the bag. I though too, that refrigeration won't hurt.

Possible because if even one drop of water gets in this chocolate when you're trying to melt it, it will seize up. So if it's refrigerated and you take it out, it could collect some condensation ..... water that will ruin every batch when you go to melt it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%