Can I Change This

Decorating By jessicacourtney1 Updated 11 Sep 2007 , 3:11pm by ladefly

jessicacourtney1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessicacourtney1 Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 4:25pm
post #1 of 5

I have to start baking very soon, but i am looking for a great chocolate cake has anyone changed the Durable Cake Mix by Heartsfire and used chocolate cake instead???? for some reason i cant PM her so I have no idea.TIA, you all are great!

4 replies
jessicacourtney1 Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 4:38pm
post #2 of 5

bumpimg myself

heartsfire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heartsfire Posted 10 Sep 2007 , 11:07pm
post #3 of 5

I know I am a very late on this - sorry!!! I haven't been in cakecentral in a while but am back now. I have received quite a few requests for the chocolate version of the cake and after testing different additions I think came up with the best conversion for chocolate.

I posted this recipe a while back on cakecentral but I see they still haven't posted it.

1 Duncan Hines Devil's Food Cake Mix
1 cup Sour Cream
1/3 cup vegetable oil plus 2 tablespoons
1/2 cup water plus 1 tablespoon
4 egg whites
1 small pkg instant chocolate pudding

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour pans.

Combine all ingredients on low speed with your mixer. Scrape bottom and sides and turn mixer to medium to fully incorporate. Allow to mix for 2 more minutes on medium speed to fully mix.

Pour into pans and level out with spatula. Mix will be very thick but this is ok. Make sure that you level batter out in pans or cake will be lopsided. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean and the top of cake springs back when touched.

Allow to cool for 10 minutes in pan before turning out onto cooling racks for best results.

jessicacourtney1 Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 2:53pm
post #4 of 5

thanks so much!!!!!

ladefly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladefly Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 3:11pm
post #5 of 5

Thats awesome, I wonder why it was never posted, hmmm
o well.
It really looks like a yummy cake.
Thanks too !!

Quote by @%username% on %date%