So You Think You Can Dance

Lounge By imartsy Updated 22 Aug 2007 , 3:42pm by nikisbakin

imartsy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imartsy Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 12:27pm
post #1 of 41

So does anyone else watch this?? I'd love to discuss it!!

40 replies
mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 4:59pm
post #2 of 41

I have only seen one episode this year. I just love this show, but this year I keep missing when it's on.

imartsy Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 5:01pm
post #3 of 41

It's on Wed & Thurs. It's on either at 8:00 or 9:00.... I can't remember. I'm on Eastern time zone. It's great!

emf7701 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emf7701 Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 6:08pm
post #4 of 41

i love this show! i always feel guilty for sitting on the couch when i watch it.... to have a figure like those girls! *sigh* but i guess being 30 *gulp* and birthing 2 kids will warp your chances of looking svelte again! icon_lol.gif did you think lauren and dominic got a little, um, comfy at the end of their rhumba last night? icon_eek.gif oh my!

imartsy Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 6:25pm
post #5 of 41

emf7701 - YES!!! Oh my gosh I can't believe he kissed her - it was hot...... but it looked unwanted by Lauren. She looked very uncomfortable... I'm wondering if Dominic got a "talking to" afterwards - none of the judges seemed too happy with it..... hmm I guess that's what those dance belts are for, huh? to hide guys getting a little happy during sexy dances? well at least I hope he had a dance belt on.... b/c he seemed REALLY turned on by the look in his face and that he tried to kiss her twice.... b/c after the first one he went for it again and it looked like she pulled away....... which was a good thing b/c I don't think it'd be very "family friendly" for the two to start going at it on stage....

Dancing is sooo sexy - I wish more men did it - you'd think they would when they realized it turns women on...... at least me icon_smile.gif

emf7701 Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 6:37pm
post #6 of 41

i totally agree about dancing being sexy! dh and i attempted swing dancing when we were dating.... oi. he's your, uh, typical, white male icon_smile.gif i love him dearly and really do think he could do it if he tried. maybe someday. *sigh*

poor lauren! she was beat red! i think i'd be really uncomfortable dancing with dominic now.... we'll see if any of the judges comment on it tonight!

imartsy Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 6:47pm
post #7 of 41

See and I thought swing dance was THE white guy dance.... most of the guys I've come across can do it at least pretty well....

My husband and I have taken a couple of salsa lessons - it's a little more funny than sexy though - I have some dance experience and pick things up fairly quickly - and he's got no dance experience, no rhythm.... although he seems like at least while we're in class, he's trying hard.... we could get to the point that it would be sexy if he would practice..... well we'll see.. icon_smile.gif I'm really wanting them to do a salsa number on SYTYCD so that I can show him what it can really look like.

emf7701 Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 6:56pm
post #8 of 41

lol! maybe most white guys can do it! hubby can't/won't/doesn't relax when we dance... i have gotten elbowed before.... once while i was prego with dd#1! it hurt, but we laughed.

hubby will watch sytycd with me, but as soon as a commercial comes on he's changed the channel to something else.... i'm constantly reminding him to go back to the correct channel. back when the OC was on, he wasn't allowed to even LOOK at the remote til the credits were rolling icon_lol.gif

emf7701 Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 12:00pm
post #9 of 41

wowzer! that dominic is such a playa'! icon_eek.gif did you see the way he was hanging on cat?!?!? i think i'd be glad that he got booted off last night, esp. if he's that clingy.... i think i'd find that pretty annoying. poor cat was beat red while she was trying to talk. oi!

imartsy Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 3:59pm
post #10 of 41

Wow something was going on with Dominick last night - did he take stupid pills or something?? He kept saying "huh" a lot like he wasn't paying attention - and he looked about 13 years old standing next to Cat.... and something happened at the end when he hugged her b/c she said "ooh" and "okay now"..... and looked embarrassed.... I guess I'm glad he's gone then..... he was acting so immature...

I'm sad about Sarah though I liked her a lot.

Were you as disappointed as I was w/ their solos? I just didn't think they were all that great.... seemed like they lacked a lot of energy.....

emf7701 Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 4:37pm
post #11 of 41

yeah... there wasn't much energy... just a lot of spinning. oh, and dominic with the chair.

oi.

sarah was cool, but i do like lauren, so i'm glad she's still in it! i wouldn't be surprised if sabra took the cake though! she seems to flourish in all she does! lacey is good too, but i can't help but wonder if her brother winning last year is helping her along this year. it will be sad these next few weeks. somebody has to go home each week til they find the winner.... like mary said, she'll be sad no matter who goes home from now on! ditto that!

mommachris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommachris Posted 4 Aug 2007 , 9:35pm
post #12 of 41

I have to agree that Sabra is easily the winner in this group.
Lacey is a close second but like Mary said "Sabra just shines"
Lauren is wonderful too.

The men are just not doing it for me this year. Love,love, loveed Benji last season.

Can't enjoy the tall one's ( name has escapes me at the momment) dancing cause he just seems so smug.
He remind me of the Blaine ( I think that was his name) from season one who though Dan ( one of the judges) was jealous of him.

Nick is okay and Pasha is good too. They just don't stand out.

Boy, I was mad at Dom for acting so familiar with both Cat and Lauren, I'd have pinched that boy!

That's what I taught my daughters to do....pinch, hit and slap!
No one get to put their hands on you unless they are married to you.

mommachris

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 4 Aug 2007 , 10:09pm
post #13 of 41

I love the show. I won't miss it! I think unless something happens in the next couple of weeks, Sabra will win. I'm glad Dominic is gone.

awolf24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awolf24 Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 3:15pm
post #14 of 41

Ok - mommachris just said everything I was thinking. icon_smile.gif

I am absolutely addicted to this show though - I love it. I can't wait for Wed/Thurs evenings every week.

Jenteach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenteach Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 4:43pm
post #15 of 41

I agree with all that was said. Sabra is a clear winner this year!

My DD (who is 3) and I watch it every Wednesday (while she is trying to imitate everything she is doing) and then I watch the results on Thursday since it's too late for her to stay up to 10.

Jen

imartsy Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 6:36pm
post #16 of 41

I like Sabra a lot too - I have a feeling it's going to be a guy again this year though. I think it's all those pre-teen girls voting..... they always vote for the guys. Not that they aren't good, but some years, I think the girls have been better.

My very favorite was Jesse that was kicked off when she was sick.... remember, she danced with Pasha? And she missed a show so he had to dance with that ugly red headed lady (I'm sure she was a looker in her day - but not so much anymore)... I liked her a lot.

As for who is left though - sure, I'd be happy if Sabra won. Right now, I can't think of too many of the other people - I'm not a huge fan of Lauren.... or Danny or um blond kid that I can't think of his name... who else is there?

mommachris Posted 8 Aug 2007 , 11:28pm
post #17 of 41

I love jesse too.
She has been the only one I felt bad for when she had to go.
In the Vegas show she said she was done if she didn't make the show cause she was "too old". I thought she had wonderful maturity and creativity.

Yep, a guy will probably win, it's who watches the show that makes that happen and lets face it....this is a chick show. icon_cool.gif

I'm still holding out that Sabra gets the nod.

It's wednesday and I am counting the hours until my little guys go off the lala land and I can get comfy on the couch and be amazed again.

mommachris

tasty_treats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tasty_treats Posted 9 Aug 2007 , 3:38am
post #18 of 41

I just finished watching the show and I must say that the level of dance is so much higher than it's ever been! I absolutely love the show and hoping that Sabra wins.... she's so talented!

Got to wait till Monday though for the results.... don't know if I'll be able to be patient till then.

I can't wait till the finale!

mommachris Posted 9 Aug 2007 , 5:11am
post #19 of 41

yep, they have sure stepped it up and the dancers are hitting it all perfectly. What an entertaining show.
Loved the opening number ( hip hop with Pasha and Lacie) and was blown over by the jazz routine of Sabra and Nick.

Gotta say that the finaly four should be:

Sabra, Nick,Lacie and Pasha
They are the ones that have been the most consistant and really learned different styles to excellance.

Danny hasn't really grown much --he still dances like he did in the beginning. Lauren just danced an almost duplicate dance for her solo. Her moves are so unique that they are easy to spot.

I still say ( my best Mary Murphy scream) WHOOOOOOO for Sabra!

so now we wait for Monday.
You know that has to be a taped show cause the other four people will have to know they are the finals so they can get their dances down for Thursday.....man, I hate a delay.

icon_cry.gif

mommachris

imartsy Posted 9 Aug 2007 , 11:40am
post #20 of 41

You know last night - for the first time - I really liked Lauren & Danny. I love Pasha - but I'm just not that into Lacey. I think Lacey just tries to work off her "sex appeal" and doesn't have that much else to offer...... you can see that in her solos.

So my four are: Danny, Lauren, Nick, and Sabra. I think Danny is a beautiful dancer - but it is true that he still seems to have a bit of a wall between him and the audience. Meaning that there still seems to be a little something missing. I still think Sabra should win but I have a feeling it'll be a guys thing again and it might come down to Danny & Nick. Or Nick & Sabra - I voted for Sabra a ton last night! And Lauren actually b/c I'd just rather see her than Lacey......

Can't wait for the results!

Jenteach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenteach Posted 9 Aug 2007 , 1:23pm
post #21 of 41

Why do they have to make us wait until Monday. AAAAAHHHHHHHH That is so long to wait. I agree, last night all of them were exceptional.

Jen

emf7701 Posted 9 Aug 2007 , 1:56pm
post #22 of 41

poo. i didn't get to watch last night. we were out at lowes planning our impromptu bathroom remodel. found wet moldy drywall! eww!!!! apparently there's a leak we didn't know about. grrrrr icon_mad.gif

i do agree about lacey being sexy.... and that's pretty much it.... guess i have to wait till monday to watch now... or is it still on thursday?

imartsy Posted 10 Aug 2007 , 3:53am
post #23 of 41

WHAT ON EARTH??? Why is it all of my shows are always pre-empted by some stupid sport?? How come the sports never get pre-empted??? It drives me insane! I heard the results show will be Monday - did anyone else hear that? Anyone know what time?

mommachris Posted 10 Aug 2007 , 5:12am
post #24 of 41

at the end of the show Cat said to tune it at 8pm for the results of the voting.

I'm with you on the sports thing. March Madness makes me ill and the world series....boring thumbsdown.gif

mommachirs

mommachris Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 2:33am
post #25 of 41

it's 7:30 folks, weee!
Going to go get comfy on my couch....

Go Sabra Go Sabra!

mommachris

tasty_treats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tasty_treats Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 4:14am
post #26 of 41

Woohoo! Sabra's in the finals! I'm so excited!!! I really hope she wins this year!

emf7701 Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 12:57pm
post #27 of 41

poo again. icon_sad.gif i didn't get to watch. we had a waterproofing guy here giving us an estimate to fix our basement. he came at 7:00... it was "supposed" to take 15 minutes..... by 8:30 he was finally leaving.... *sigh* i am excited to hear that sabra is in the finals! awesome!!! icon_smile.gif

mommachris Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 11:35pm
post #28 of 41

I'm glad Sabra made it. I only got to watch up to the point where Lacey made it. ( My husband had a crisis and needed me icon_cry.gif )

I don't know who made it but was hoping some one here could fill me in on all the details.....hmmmm???

TIA
mommachris

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 11:41pm
post #29 of 41
dydemus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dydemus Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 12:15am
post #30 of 41

Boo hoo - Pasha is gone - I'm happy for the other guys, they've earned their spots, but Pasha was so... smooth !!!! I would die to have a dance partner like that!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%