Help Me With Birthday Cake

Decorating By Angie707 Updated 3 Aug 2007 , 9:55pm by Angie707

Angie707 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Angie707 Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 6:05am
post #1 of 5

A long long time ago- at a job far away (my day job), I promised a good friend a birthday cake. Cake is made- 8 inch round and I have NO idea how to decorate it. She loves pooh, and happy bunny- neither which I have time for. I still want it to be impressive (but the non cake makers are easy to impress right??)- but dont have time for pooh or bunny.

Her favorite color is pink. Cake is chocolate with chocolate mousse filling.

Please- any ideas or pictures would be soo appreciated!

4 replies
snowshoe1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowshoe1 Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 12:38pm
post #2 of 5

If you don't have time to decorate you could go to a Walmart (or anywhere else who will do it) and get a frosting sheet with the characters on it. simply apply the sheet and put on a border...now you have a theme cake for her.

LadyBugMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LadyBugMom Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 5:19am
post #3 of 5

YOu could do an easy picture cake. find a picture you like put plasic wrap over it. out line in black or your choice, star it in with the appropriate colors, then flip the plastic on top of the cake, gently press to make definate contact with cake then gently slowly peal of the plastic and finishing borders. Easy fast and looks like you've slaved over it.
enjoy,

jarjarmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jarjarmom Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 5:35am
post #4 of 5

I dont have a picture but, one time I was in a hurry and I cut out some Pooh "stencils" from one of my sons coloring books and used the Wilton sprays to color. If you cut several shapes individually you can overlap them and it looks really great. Do some BC borders etc. and wualaa! You could also spray the sides pink that would be pretty.

Angie707 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Angie707 Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 9:55pm
post #5 of 5

So.. I ended up doing a trillion medium and tiny hot pink flowers with brushed embroidery, tons of vines with curly little thingy's and tiny leaves. She loved it. Kinda ended up looking a little hawaii themed. Will post pics soon.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%