Birthday Sheet Cakes....help

Decorating By TiffTurtle Updated 28 Sep 2006 , 4:30am by TiffTurtle

TiffTurtle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TiffTurtle Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 3:19am
post #1 of 6

i know that i have seen people ask on here before , but it seems like most of what people as about on here are fancy wedding type cakes....my biggest seller is turning out to be sheet birthday cakes...1/4 sheet 1/2 sheet and whole...i have no idea even where to start with pricing of them. I live in a small area so i know that i can not go for the prices that i have seen some of you post on here cause it just wouldnt go...so if you all can help me , even a little it would help so much ....at least give me a jumpping off point.
BTW I have to do a 1/4 sheet farm cake for this weekend.

thanks for everything yall!!

((((((huggs))))))

5 replies
MISSYCOMPOC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MISSYCOMPOC Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 3:26am
post #2 of 6

I can't really help - I'm not really selling yet - but here is a bump!
Good luck!
Mel

rosiecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosiecakes Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 3:28am
post #3 of 6

I live in a rural area where the cake choices are walmart and a tired old bakery that rides on a family name. I get $20 for a 1/4 sheet and $30 for a half sheet VERY basic decorations and i have not gone up on my prices in years i'm sure its time.

TiffTurtle Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 3:58am
post #4 of 6

ty rosie...thats about what i was thinking , but i needed some reinforcement..lol... icon_smile.gif

jamiet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamiet Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 4:08am
post #5 of 6

I live in a very small town in Mississippi. I average 8 - 10 birthday cakes per weekend. Sometimes up to 13 or 14. I charge $30 for a 11x15" sheetcake. That would be 1/2 sheetcake by grocery store standards. Wal-Mart and other bakeries charge $20. Mine are more but if you make a good cake- words spreads quick and you'll be turning down orders in no time. I just moved into the city limits. Before when I lived in the country I offered free delivery and my business is booming now!!You might want to consider offering delivery for a while. People don't mind paying a little extra for a good cake and delivery,

TiffTurtle Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 4:30am
post #6 of 6

thats a good idea i think that i will do that , specially since im in the country people will like not having to worry about traveling with a cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%