How Do U Relax After Baking???

Decorating By noosie Updated 3 Aug 2007 , 8:02pm by Parable

noosie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noosie Posted 1 Aug 2007 , 11:05pm
post #1 of 24

I thought it might be interesting perhaps even helpful to know how everyone relaxes after a really big and labor intensive cake or other bakibg projects that require many hours on your feet.

I'll start by plopping on the couch and watching all the shows I missed commercial free on my TVO. thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

23 replies
marybible Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marybible Posted 1 Aug 2007 , 11:17pm
post #2 of 24

First I like to take a BIG breath after the cake is delivered (Im a nervous wreck until then). Im with ya on the couch and tv. Sometimes I like to relax in a bath.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 1 Aug 2007 , 11:28pm
post #3 of 24

You will either find me here on cake central or sitting in the lazy boy watching a chick flick =)

OH but before those... I usually eat dinner! LOl i get so into decorating once i start I won't stop and then I am starving by the time i'm done.

noosie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noosie Posted 1 Aug 2007 , 11:33pm
post #4 of 24

Leily, that's sooo funny! I wish I had more orders. If I did I would probably be 10 lbs lighter too. I never eat when I'm in the "mode" but unfortunately I tend to binge after.. icon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 1 Aug 2007 , 11:35pm
post #5 of 24

I cruise CC, what else!?

Shayenne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shayenne Posted 1 Aug 2007 , 11:45pm
post #6 of 24

I get a good massage and after that watch TV

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 1 Aug 2007 , 11:49pm
post #7 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shayenne

I get a good massage

So jealous!

FrostinGal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FrostinGal Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 7:58am
post #8 of 24

A slice of cake and a cup of coffee, of course. icon_biggrin.gif

cakesbyjess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyjess Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 8:19am
post #9 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

I cruise CC, what else!?

Me too!!! The first thing I do is get comfortable in front of my computer and head to CC! icon_smile.gif

USMC_SGTs_Lady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
USMC_SGTs_Lady Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 6:02pm
post #10 of 24

i usually go to bed when i am done...only b/c i usually finish up with everything late into the night b/c i don't get home from work until 5ish, so start baking and doing everything else then...i feel like i take forever to do a cake sometimes...maybe its just me though

lizzard14 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lizzard14 Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 12:50am
post #11 of 24

Since I just do it as a hobby, I end up making to much buttercream so I usually I get a big spoon of buttercream or one of the decorator bags with some left over buttercream in it, sit in my hubbys comfortable computer chair, eat frosting and surf CC. As you can tell...I love buttercream! I don't eat any while I'm decorating the cake, I'm afraid I'll get the shakes, LOL....

sparklineagle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sparklineagle Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 2:23am
post #12 of 24

I plop myself on the couch in front of the tv...I am usually mentally and physically exhausted by then

Brickflor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brickflor Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 2:50am
post #13 of 24

First to the computer to upload the pic, then cruise the cc website for a little while, and perhaps some tv if there's time before bed. It's usually so late tho that after cc I head for bed-which feels sooooo good after decorating/cleaning for 4-5 hours icon_biggrin.gif

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 11:52am
post #14 of 24

First I take a very deep breath.
Grab a nice tall margarita and hit CC and zone for a while.
Then head to the pond.
nice end to a large stressful delivery. icon_lol.gif

KitchenKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KitchenKat Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 6:29pm
post #15 of 24

I cruise CC, read a book, check out eonline for the latest gos, go out with my girlfriends, read a book and/or shop too much! Not all the same time, of course but it usually involves shopping too much!

StephW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
StephW Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 6:37pm
post #16 of 24

I am a night owl, so I do most of my decorating into the wee hours of the morning, so I go to bed as soon as I am done ( or too tired to think anymore).

However, at this point, decorating is a hobby - so it is my relaxation! That's not to say that anything ever goes perfectly, but I love the creativity and the challenge. So even the stressful times are part of the learning and the whole process.

emf7701 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emf7701 Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 6:40pm
post #17 of 24

i like to plop me feet onto hubby's lap for a good rub.... ahhhhh... i usually finish pretty late, anywhere from 11:30pm to 1:00am.... i almost always fall asleep on the couch.... foot rubs are so relaxing! icon_lol.gif

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 6:48pm
post #18 of 24

Like leily, I start decorating and don't stop until I'm done, and forget about eating. Then I eat a small dinner and cake scraps. I'm also a night owl, so there is nothing else to do but go to bed or watch a movie. Everyone else is sleeping.

lillykaci1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lillykaci1 Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 6:49pm
post #19 of 24

I take pics of my cake and then like today when I just finished this last minute order and I have to go to work tonight...i put my kids down for a nap get on here and upload my pics and look around for a bit and then take a nap.

katerpillrgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katerpillrgrl Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 6:52pm
post #20 of 24

Usually I veg on the couch. Last time, which was a particularly stressful cake, I took the hubby to a hookah bar. He was such a HUGE help, even though he hates helping with my cakes. He saw that I was a basketcase and did all he could to help so I had to buy him a hookah and some beer that night. We drank and had a good time!

Later I was told I could have stayed at the event I dropped the cake off at but I thought about my evening with my husband and I am glad we didn't!

Some alone time with the hubby is a particularly good way to relax!!

rajinaren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rajinaren Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 6:53pm
post #21 of 24

I post pics on cc and relax!Whatelse to do!

Hoover Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hoover Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 6:55pm
post #22 of 24

I like to spin after I get a cake done. Not as in "bike spinning", but wool, spinning wheel and me!

MichelleG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleG Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 6:58pm
post #23 of 24

Sit down in my overstuffed recliner and put on my vibrating slippers to help relax my sore legs and feet thumbs_up.gif

Parable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Parable Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 8:02pm
post #24 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoover

I like to spin after I get a cake done. Not as in "bike spinning", but wool, spinning wheel and me!

That sounds so cool!

I'm just a hobbyest too, so I usually finish-up late at night. I'm usually still "in the zone" afterwards, so I'll grab a glass of wine and try to forget about it or else I won't sleep.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%