Frosting Sheets From Sam's Club

Decorating By fat-sissy Updated 7 Aug 2007 , 10:00am by blessBeckysbaking

fat-sissy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fat-sissy Posted 1 Aug 2007 , 8:09pm
post #1 of 50

There are several things I buy from Sam's Club and was there today to do some shopping. I wanted to buy some frosting sheets from the bakery. I believe I read here somewhere they sell them in a pack of 24. There wasn't anyone experienced in the bakery so I have to go back.

Has anyone bought their frosting sheets. Just wondering what brand they are, if you like them and how much they cost.

Thanks!

49 replies
hellie0h Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hellie0h Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 1:01am
post #2 of 50

Hi Sally, I am just responding to your post to ask You a question. I am assuming you shop at the Chilli Sam's Club? You know in Lancaster we don't even have a walmart (one coming), well I checked at walmart in Canal Winchester about their buttercream, they wouldn't sell me any there, they didn't know if Sams would sell it to public or not, so my ? is do you know if Sams in Chilli will sell the bucket of bc? I hope you find your answer to the frosting sheets....thanks in advance.
Helen

justme50 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justme50 Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 3:29am
post #3 of 50

I bought a package of them just last week at my local Sams (Oklahoma). They were $27 for a pack of 24 and they had the kopykake label on them...even has the code you need to use with their design software.

My Sams says that virtually anything they use in their bakery, they will sell to me. I've bought icing, boxes, frosting sheets and even pizza dough!

The Wal Mart stores won't sell anything out of the bakery though.

jackmo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jackmo Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 3:34am
post #4 of 50

you mean you can get these items at Sams Club??? In dayton, I can't get boxes. They won't sell them to me. I wonder why??? icon_confused.gif

rosita6882 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosita6882 Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 3:46am
post #5 of 50

Yeah, my sams club here in south Texas sell anything that they use too, even uniced cakes.

justme50 Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 3:50am
post #6 of 50

So far, I haven't found anything they won't sell me.

The boxes are great! I got a case of 50 for $15 in half sheet size. They also sold me the cake boards..really nice with scallops, 50 for $8. The boxes are 2 pieces rather than the folding type and have the clear window in them. They're very sturdy and much nicer than what I can get anywhere else and the price just can't be beat.

The 1/4 sheet size are the clear plastic ones and they're a little pricey for me..$45 for 50, but that includes the cake board and is still better than anything else I can buy price wise.

I have no idea why they wouldn't sell them to you. If you haven't tried it, you might want to talk to a manager and double check to make sure. Sometimes the regular employees just say no because they don't know any better.

There's a really sweet older gentleman I always talk to at my Sams. He'll hunt forever for whatever it is I'm looking for at the moment.

jackmo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jackmo Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 3:59am
post #7 of 50

thanks!! I will talk to the manager next time. : thumbs_up.gif

okieinalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
okieinalaska Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 8:01am
post #8 of 50

Hmmm.... I have a costco membership. Maybe I need to switch to Sams.

Any idea if Costco bakery will sell items?

Thanks,

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 12:09pm
post #9 of 50

Yup , When I lived in Fort Worth, TX. The Sams in Lake worth sold to me.. Now I'm in NRH.. ANd the one on 820 Sells too.. I love it!

Ldydesignr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ldydesignr Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 12:50pm
post #10 of 50

justme50...where is the Sam's in Oklahoma that you buy from? I work in Tulsa, and my daughter lives in Stillwater so we have access to the Tulsa ones and the OKC one. We could check with them. Thanks for the tip!

justme50 Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 12:58pm
post #11 of 50

I'm in Tulsa and shop at the Sams that's at Memorial and Mingo.

Mencked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mencked Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 1:06pm
post #12 of 50

This is great information--I never even thought of trying Sams for cake supplies--I live in OK too and I'll try one of the OKC Sam's the next time I'm there!

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 1:08pm
post #13 of 50

I was wondering about the same thing with Costco! Never liked Sam's. Know someone from the bakery at Costco, so maybe I'll ask this weekend about buying stuff. I know when I used to get cakes from them they used to give me their frosting to write my own stuff, so maybe they would sell stuff too. Will check it out unless someone already knows.

abeverley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abeverley Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 1:16pm
post #14 of 50

I just moved from Tulsa to Columbia, Missouri..nice to her from some Okies on here.

abeverley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abeverley Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 1:31pm
post #15 of 50

I just moved from Tulsa to Columbia, Missouri..nice to her from some Okies on here.

marybible Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marybible Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 1:40pm
post #16 of 50

Thanks for the info. I have a sams in knoxville, TN and have never thought of buying stuff from their bakery. I will definitely ask next time Im there. My Wal-mart gave me a cake box once. But they acted like they wouldn't do it again. I had asked them because I was in a bind and didn't want to drive 25 min away to get one.

CakeBreaks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeBreaks Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 5:07pm
post #17 of 50

vickymacd

I have heard Costco doesn't sell the 27 pound containers of buttercream or any other baking supplies from thier bakery. However, I haven't been there or called myself so I can't verify that. If you happen to find out, could you please post to let us know? Thanks Much, Gail

thedessertdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thedessertdiva Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 5:19pm
post #18 of 50

Well this stinks! I live in the one state that doesn't even HAVE a Sam's Club! And my Costco is like 2 hours away. I love small town living, dont get me wrong, but good lord, sometimes the convenience factor leaves a little left to be desired. I guess I'll have to keep ordering online from Kopykake, themselves.

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 5:47pm
post #19 of 50

About a year ago, Sam's Club did advertising that they would now sell items such as cake supplies to help the small businesses. When you visit Sam's, remind them of that advertising icon_biggrin.gif Even though Walmart owns Sam's Club, you can forget it...they won't sell you anything except edible images for your cakes icon_rolleyes.gif .

Always check with the managers because alot of times, the employees do not know or just to lazy to get the items for you.

If you can, call and place your order in time so that they can order extra and therefore, can't use the excuse of only having enough for their use thumbs_up.gif .

marybible Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 5:50pm
post #20 of 50

Thats good advice stephanie214. I think I will call my local sams and ask them before I drive up there.

Letmebeurdesignr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Letmebeurdesignr Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 6:40pm
post #21 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat-sissy

There are several things I buy from Sam's Club and was there today to do some shopping. I wanted to buy some frosting sheets from the bakery. I believe I read here somewhere they sell them in a pack of 24. There wasn't anyone experienced in the bakery so I have to go back.

Has anyone bought their frosting sheets. Just wondering what brand they are, if you like them and how much they cost.

Thanks!

What are frosting sheets? Never heard of them...My aunt works at the sams club bakery..hehe wonder if i can get things "cheaper"

marybible Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 6:43pm
post #22 of 50

I was wondering what exactly frosting sheets are too.

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 6:44pm
post #23 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Letmebeurdesignr

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat-sissy

Thanks!

What are frosting sheets? Never heard of them...My aunt works at the sams club bakery..hehe wonder if i can get things "cheaper"

Edible Image Sheets that you use with a special printer and ink...Canon or Epson.

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 6:50pm
post #24 of 50

Yes. Sam's sells everything from their bakery in CASE PACKS ONLY with the exception of their poptops, cupcake picks, kits and colors.

dezzib27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dezzib27 Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 6:53pm
post #25 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickymacd

I was wondering about the same thing with Costco! Never liked Sam's. Know someone from the bakery at Costco, so maybe I'll ask this weekend about buying stuff. I know when I used to get cakes from them they used to give me their frosting to write my own stuff, so maybe they would sell stuff too. Will check it out unless someone already knows.

I am curious about the Costco too, I go there all the time. Questions, what icing sheets are ya'll talkin about?

cinderella73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cinderella73 Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 6:55pm
post #26 of 50

I checked with Costco several weeks ago.The bakery does not sell anything to the public. icon_mad.gif

RRGibson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RRGibson Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 7:05pm
post #27 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanie214

About a year ago, Sam's Club did advertising that they would now sell items such as cake supplies to help the small businesses. When you visit Sam's, remind them of that advertising icon_biggrin.gif Even though Walmart owns Sam's Club, you can forget it...they won't sell you anything except edible images for your cakes icon_rolleyes.gif .

Always check with the managers because alot of times, the employees do not know or just to lazy to get the items for you.

If you can, call and place your order in time so that they can order extra and therefore, can't use the excuse of only having enough for their use thumbs_up.gif .

Stephanie, you wouldn't happen to be in Richmond would you? I'm wondering if the Sam's here in Richmond would sell to me.

CakeBreaks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeBreaks Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 7:57pm
post #28 of 50

Thanks cinderella73 for that information. It saves me a trip to the local Costco.

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 9:29pm
post #29 of 50

Will check on Costco tomorrow for everyone.

JawdroppingCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JawdroppingCakes Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 9:54pm
post #30 of 50

Hi, I didn't know that Sam's sells they products from the bakery that they actually also use! I once tried buying an edible image from walmart and they wouldn't sell it to me. I also noticed that rosita6882, you are the first person I see on this site that is local. Nice to see you here.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%