Give Her Some Support Bra Cake ... How Do You Make?

Decorating By LittleLinda Updated 8 Aug 2007 , 2:34pm by justsweet

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 1 Aug 2007 , 3:03pm
post #1 of 14

I love those bra cakes and may have an opportunity to do one tomorrow. I'd like some instructions. With or without boobs in the bras. And please post your pics!

13 replies
lecrn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lecrn Posted 1 Aug 2007 , 11:18pm
post #2 of 14

Hi Linda,
I did one of these not too long ago. Take a look @ it in my photos. It was so fun to make & not that difficult. The recipient actually took the bra home with her after the party.
I made mine without the boobs. I Google searched "bra pattern" and found a very simple bra. I printed off the picture and cut it out. I used gumpaste/fondant and cut out the bra using the pattern. I used more gumpaste than fondant b/c I wanted it to be extra stiff. I cut the cups, lower base and upper strap base out first. I made the lace pattern using a rubber stamp. The cups were then formed using a mini wonder mold pan, but you could use about anything to give you the desired shape. I cut thin strips to line the cups & the base of the bra. The straps were made last & were connected to the cups using gum glue.
HTH

LittleLinda Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 11:13am
post #3 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by lecrn

I Google searched "bra pattern" and found a very simple bra.

HTH, I did a google image search and didn't get any patterns to make a whole bra. I did a regular google web search but have to keep clicking on titles to see if there is a pattern. Any chance you still have the web page of the pattern you used?

It came out vey good, BTW, that was one of the cakes I got when I searched the galleries for the word "support". When I searched "bra" I got hundreds of "Bratz" cakes!

LittleLinda Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 3:38pm
post #4 of 14

HTH, don't bother looking up that site for me; my customer likes the phrase "give her some support" but doesn't want the bra. The birthday lady is a jogger, so she asked me to draw a busty lady jogging. I suggested to make her with her boobs flopping around and use the phrase "Let's give her some support". Thanks anyhow!
I do hope to get a chance to make that bra cake some day!

lecrn Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 7:50pm
post #5 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleLinda

HTH, don't bother looking up that site for me; my customer likes the phrase "give her some support" but doesn't want the bra. The birthday lady is a jogger, so she asked me to draw a busty lady jogging. I suggested to make her with her boobs flopping around and use the phrase "Let's give her some support". Thanks anyhow!

That's funny! You could suggest a sports bra as well. Please post a pic of your cake.

lecrn Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 7:51pm
post #6 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleLinda

That's funny! You could suggest a sports bra as well. Please post a pic of your cake.

LittleLinda Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 12:43pm
post #7 of 14

We did actually talk about a support bra; but when I came up with the floppy boobs idea, it was a go!

Here it is!
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=866323&done=1

lecrn Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 7:28pm
post #8 of 14

TOO FUNNY!!!! Maybe the girl on the cake could lend me a little.

LittleLinda Posted 4 Aug 2007 , 12:16am
post #9 of 14

Ha Ha Ha, I'm strange!icon_redface.gif lecrn, I've been calling you HTH because you wrote it last thing, so I thought it was your signature! Then I read it on another thread by somebody else! Then I looked in the acronym file and found this:

HTH = Hope That Helps
icon_surprised.gif

rdom3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rdom3 Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 3:03pm
post #10 of 14

Hello,
I would love to get the pattern "or the website" for this bra. I was asked to make a "support cake with a bra" for a 21st birthday party next month.
thank you so much.
you can pm me.
Rosa

Jazz2U Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jazz2U Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 5:01pm
post #11 of 14

I bought a back to school kit with rulers and a semi circle ruler & that what I used to trace the bra. I cut out parchment paper for the side bands & a little tab to "attach" the cups. I used the little Wilton rolling tool for stitching, cut the top of the bra with craft scissors to give it a wavy look. Used a clay mold gun for thin pieces for the hooks & eyes. The lady I gave it to kept the bra too. I also painted the entire bra with a petal dust I think - white - mixed with vodka. Email me if you want the picture.

LittleLinda Posted 8 Aug 2007 , 10:44am
post #12 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz2U

Email me if you want the picture.

Jasmine, can't you just put the picture in your photos or attach it here? I, for one, would like to see it. If you can't post it here; my e-mail address is [email protected]

Jazz2U Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jazz2U Posted 8 Aug 2007 , 2:14pm
post #13 of 14

Linda,

I didn't want to post it since I copied is basically from Custom Cakes by Sharon & she had just posted the picture recently. Thanks Sharon for the idea! I liked your saying better & I wish I could ice a cake a neatly as yours. Anyway, I will post the picture under my photos. I was happy when I found that semi-circle ruler because I'm one that has to use a ruler or cutter. I'm not great at tracing.

I guess I'm "tall" to you at 5' even. My goal in life was to be 5'3" so I didn't have to hem pants!

justsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justsweet Posted 8 Aug 2007 , 2:34pm
post #14 of 14

instructions on how to make a bra cake: hope this helps.

http://www.sugarcraft.com/catalog/gumpaste/bradirections.htm

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%