Do I Need Chlorine Test Strips, Gloves And Coated Bulbs ?

Business By imanah Updated 2 Aug 2007 , 10:38pm by Tscookies

imanah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imanah Posted 1 Aug 2007 , 4:34am
post #1 of 8

Hi everyone,

My Home inspection is 14 hrs away! I went to Home depot numerous times numerous locations looking for Chlorine test strips and bulb thingys, they do not have them. Where do any of you people that have been through an inspection get them? Do I also need rubber gloves?

I have been cleaning for three days straight, wish me luck icon_smile.gif

7 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 1 Aug 2007 , 5:58am
post #2 of 8

You can ge test strips from restaurant supply stores or companies that sell commercial cleaning and dishwasher products.

If you have exposed lightbulbs, yes you need coated bulbs. But if they all have a fixture covering the bulb, no problem.

You also can get NON latex gloves at the same places listed above. You don't normally have to have gloves for an inspection.

Hollyanna70 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hollyanna70 Posted 1 Aug 2007 , 6:14am
post #3 of 8

You might also try a Sam's Club, or other warehouses. Sometimes they sell such things. Gloves, test strips, etc.

LittleBigMomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleBigMomma Posted 1 Aug 2007 , 6:16am
post #4 of 8

If you're talking about the plastic sleeve-like covers for florescent bulds, they should have them at the hardware store or maybe a lighting store.

...wishing you the best for your inspection.

imanah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imanah Posted 1 Aug 2007 , 9:19pm
post #5 of 8

Yipee thanks everyone. I'm finally legal. Now I need to go over to the zoning office and pick up that certificate icon_smile.gif

Hollyanna70 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hollyanna70 Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 4:46pm
post #6 of 8

Yay! Congratulations!!

party.gif

Suzie757 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzie757 Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 6:39pm
post #7 of 8

CONGRATULATIONS !!!! Would you mind sharing what they did for your inspection? I am in the process of getting mine done also. I am a little more to the east of you. Thanks......

Tscookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tscookies Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 10:38pm
post #8 of 8

Good luck! The first time through they don't usually expect you to know everything ... they'll help you out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%