Mmf & A Hand Mixer

Decorating By aundron Updated 26 Sep 2006 , 8:36pm by KHalstead

aundron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundron Posted 26 Sep 2006 , 2:30pm
post #1 of 7

They just don't go together!!! Instead of me reading the directions all the way through, I used my handmixer for the MMF. If I would have read ALL of the directions, I would have seen that if you only have a hand mixer, USE YOUR HANDS instead of the hand mixer!!!

Well, needless to say, my handmixer is dead!!! icon_cry.gif

6 replies
debbie2881 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debbie2881 Posted 26 Sep 2006 , 3:15pm
post #2 of 7

aww i'm so sorry to hear about your mixer. I guess its kinda like royal and a hand mixer. i do the easy mmf recipe and i start out mixing with a spoon and when i cant do that any longer i get in there with my clean hands. always works.

aundron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundron Posted 26 Sep 2006 , 3:19pm
post #3 of 7

The good thing about the mixer breaking is that I have an excuse to get me the KA!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

(Going to be hard to convince my husband, though!!)

lilie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilie Posted 26 Sep 2006 , 3:19pm
post #4 of 7

I feel for you!!!
I did the same thing with an old mixer I had.
The MMF is strong stuff!!!!!
I made some MMF yesterday and the KA did a fine job handeling the task!

snickerdoodles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snickerdoodles Posted 26 Sep 2006 , 3:41pm
post #5 of 7

Audron: Make sure you check out Ebay for the KA mixer too! Sometimes they have some awesome deals on them. Make sure you are getting a brand new one though, and not a refurbished one. Unless you are okay with purchasing a refurb one.

Cinderella24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cinderella24 Posted 26 Sep 2006 , 6:22pm
post #6 of 7

I just get my hands in there to do the work. It makes you feel like you're in Kindergarten all over again! icon_lol.gif

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 26 Sep 2006 , 8:36pm
post #7 of 7

I use my hand mixer all the time for MMF and it works perfectly........I use the dough hook attatchments though...but it's a cheap GE hand mixer with a hard plastic case and wisks, dough hooks, and the regular beaters.......I got it for like 15 bucks at Wal-Mart.......I've made MMF at least 20 times with it and it's going strong!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%