I Am Counting Those Chickens Baby!!!!

Business By spongemomsweatpants Updated 1 Aug 2007 , 2:24pm by hsmomma

spongemomsweatpants Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spongemomsweatpants Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 5:03pm
post #1 of 42

Because those eggs have hatched!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Ok I am doing the Snoopy happy dance right nowwell no icon_confused.gif I am sitting in front of my computer typing right now, but I was doing the happy dance a moment ago while on the phone with Hubsie Wubsie. icon_biggrin.gif

He just got the call and our loan has been APPROVED!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif We close this thursday!! That means that I can make my down payment, pay the electrician, the plumber, get my parking lot put in and various other permit and licensing fees and expenses like insurance and whatnot, get new signs made business cards, etc etc etc
I may even have enough left over to do some minor landscaping!!!! Thank you all so much for following this with me and rooting me on. Your good loan vibes, prayers and encouragement worked!! I cant wait until I have something substantial to post pics of.

41 replies
fooby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fooby Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 5:38pm
post #2 of 42

Congratulations!!! thumbs_up.gif Wishing you the best in your new business venture.

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 8:12pm
post #3 of 42

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

See spongemom... I knew I heard some little beaks pecking (That was that noise I heard!!!) I can't wait to drive by and see your sign hanging. Let me know when the grand opening is, I think I need some cake icon_wink.gif

CONGRATS LADY!!!!!!!!!

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 8:23pm
post #4 of 42

Oh how wonderful Spongemom!!! I can't wait to hear all about the progress!

imagine76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagine76 Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 8:27pm
post #5 of 42

WOOO HOOO! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

i'm so jealous! icon_rolleyes.gif

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 8:30pm
post #6 of 42

I'm glad to hear it! After your last post about the appraisal I was hoping to hear good news!! Congratulations and good luck!

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 8:33pm
post #7 of 42

Congratulations! Post pictures!

spongemomsweatpants Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 8:38pm
post #8 of 42

Thanks so much everyone!! Trust me when I tell you that you all are going to get so overloaded on pics and details that by the time it's all done, you are gonna be like" ugg not another Love Bites posting"
Oh consequently Love bites is the name of the shop thumbs_up.gif

Now I need to start working on logos and desgining of biz cards..any advice?..lol aside from "make sure you use SPELL CHECK you GOOB!" icon_lol.gificon_redface.gif

FatAndHappy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FatAndHappy Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 8:39pm
post #9 of 42

CONGRATS!!!!!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

I'm drooling on the computer thinking what it must be like! Good luck in all that you do!!! icon_smile.gif

havingfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
havingfun Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 8:42pm
post #10 of 42

Congratulations!!! You go girl icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

peeps311 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peeps311 Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 8:45pm
post #11 of 42

Sponge....been thinking about your opening! Congrats and sending continuous good vibes your way! Still hoping to stop by on my next visit to NH! You must be sooooo excited!!!!!!!

jenncowin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenncowin Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 8:49pm
post #12 of 42

Congratulations! I'm happy for you and can't wait to see your pics!

lilypie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilypie Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 8:53pm
post #13 of 42

Congrats from me too! I am happy for you! (and a little jealous too, forgive me)

Good Luck!

Liliana

ckkerber Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ckkerber Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 9:02pm
post #14 of 42

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You've earned this dream come true. Enjoy every little minute of it!

sweeteecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweeteecakes Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 9:24pm
post #15 of 42

YEAAAHHH!!! thumbs_up.gif

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 9:54pm
post #16 of 42

Aww spongemom, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am so happy for you!! icon_biggrin.gif (and maybe just a *little* jealous) icon_wink.gif

Steph2325 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Steph2325 Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 9:58pm
post #17 of 42

Yippee! I've been rooting for you. Love Bites is a STELLAR name too! (not that you really care what my opinion is, LOL)

Congratulations!

birthday.gif

Happy Day,
Steph

pumpkinroses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pumpkinroses Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 10:08pm
post #18 of 42

congrats!

i_heart_pastry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
i_heart_pastry Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 10:13pm
post #19 of 42

CONGRATS!!!!

Bec

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 10:15pm
post #20 of 42

Congratulations and best wishes on Love Bites!!

Momkiksbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momkiksbutt Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 10:15pm
post #21 of 42

Congrats!! And I'm like the others.....I'm alittle jealous too!! How great for you!!

grannys3angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannys3angels Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 10:16pm
post #22 of 42

party.gif CONGRATS!!!! party.gif ....I have been following your story, I am so happy that your dream is coming ture.

God Bless,
Sharon

SueB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SueB Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 10:20pm
post #23 of 42

You are so lucky! Congrats!

julesn20716 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julesn20716 Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 10:21pm
post #24 of 42

Congratulations! It is so good to live my cake shop dream through you - it's not costing me a penny!

Oniro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Oniro Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 10:21pm
post #25 of 42

Congratulations and all the best in your new venture!

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 10:23pm
post #26 of 42

Awww! Congratulations! that is soo exciting!!! Great to hear that...and yeah, I am a little jealous too! LOL

Congrats!

StephyG

pinklady1356 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinklady1356 Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 10:29pm
post #27 of 42

Congrats. I am so jealous. I have tried to look for the right loan to get my business going. NO luck for me. icon_sad.gif I am so happy for you. I wish you the best of luck.

pinklady

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 10:47pm
post #28 of 42

I am so happy for you & wish you good fortune & happiness in your new venture. I know you are going to do very well.

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 10:47pm
post #29 of 42

Congrats! I can only dream about it!

spongemomsweatpants Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 11:04pm
post #30 of 42

Awe thanks so much everybody!!

And just for the record STEPH of course I care what your opinion is!! It is actually Love Bites Fine Pastries and Confections but I may change that a bit.

Boy it is amazing how quick things happen when you finally have the money to pay people..lol icon_lol.gif

The parking lot guy is coming tomorrow night and says that he may be able to do it as early as the end of the week. He said it will take about 4 to 6 hours to make it happenHOLY COW thats fast! icon_surprised.gif

The electrician who we just had in over the weekend to take a look called tonight to give me a quote and is coming up about 300 less than we thought hed beoh yeah I am making that boy a cheesecake (his fav). thumbs_up.gif
Hubsie called and got our propane account all set up and they will be here the day we move in to deliver the tank and hook up the stove.

Once the parking lot is finished then we can get the trailer here and empty out the garage into the trailer (which is where the shop will be). Then we can get the guys in to tear out the garage doors and toss in the French doors, seal up the other door, make a hole for the AC and build me some walls, flooring, shelves, etc! I called the contractor to makes sure he was ready and he said he already has his hammer in his hand and the boys are in the truck. icon_cool.gif

So this is going to happen quick quick!! Darn good thing too as we are moving it in on sept 9th!!

Wow this is gonna be a crazy month and I have no doubt we will hit some roadblocks along the way but a good Spongemom never says diewell unless she is running into the salon with gray roots showing, but really even then she is not saying it, its more of a whining plead. icon_rolleyes.gif I will be sure to keep you all in the loop with pics during the whole journey!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%